cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in release of PO when triggered through Workflow using BAPI_PO_RELEASE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a workflow which is triggered when there is a Down payment in the PO and at the end when release strategy and all is in place it should release the PO. I am using BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE and BAPI_PO_RELEASE when I am testing the BAPI stand alone in the method it changes my Release indicator from Blocked to unblock in ME29N but when the same thing happens through workflow the release indicator doesn't change. Kindly help me for the same. I am attaching the code I have written in the method.

Thanks

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I suggest after every BAPI remove Wait up to statements and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT with WAIT parameter. Please try after this.

Have you tested same in Business object methods SWO1 transaction?

For temporary purpose, Add BAPIRETURN parameter as export in workflow. Then you can check in workflow log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh

My workflow step in which I call the method having BAPI_PO_RELEASE and BAPI_PO_RESET_RELEASE goes in a Ready state and doesn't gets completed can you please tell me the reason for the same as it shows no error in the step but does not completes it either

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, after approval/User decision step, you would have called this step.

Hope this step will be background. Task should be synchronous. (Not is dialog method).

Is there are any dumps ? (Check ST22)

In SWO1, Please simulate method first by entering object key.

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understanding, after approval/User decision step, you would have called this step.

Hope this step will be background. Task should be synchronous. (Not is dialog method).

Is there are any dumps ? (Check ST22)

In SWO1, Please simulate method first by entering object key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rushikesh

Yea this step is the last step and yes after the user decision has been taken. Yes this step is in the background. No there are no dumps . As I told when I doing the same thing through a program I am able to unblock the PO .Only through the workflow I am not able to do the same which is happening through the program.

Can you please explain synchronous?

Answers (0)