cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recognize which Kernel Files are to be downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working as a Junior Basis Consultant. My current Kernel Level in an ECC System (Only ABAP) is 741 & patch level 200. My task is to upgrade the Kernel to 742 (patch level 219).

How do I recognize which files are necessary for this activity ? I see a lot many files in Service Marketplace & am not sure which all I must download.

My host is UNIX & Database is DB2. Could you help me ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to download only database independent file SAPEXE_(latest available) & database dependent SAPEXEDB_(latest available) for the Kernel 742.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for taking time to post your replies. Your responses have been really helpful. Side-by-side, I was also browsing for answers & found SAP NOTE 19466 as most appropriate for my doubt.

Regards

Aakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aakash,

Login as sidadm at OS level and check 'disp+work' command. This would also let you know whether you need to download 32-bit/64-bit and Unicode/Non-unicode kernel patches.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In marketplace, search for the next patch level. i.e, your current version is 741 & patch level 200. Check for the next version after this according to date and download.

Regards