Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert from ALRTCATDEF does not trigger email when Mapping Error

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've configured an email alert from TCode ALRTCATDEF. Then I try my configuration by running the report RSALERTTEST, the email is sent when running the report program.

But then I try to send a message with the result of Mapping Error in the Integration Engine, but no email is sent for the error. Is there anything missing in my configuration?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi

Not sure which PI version you are on, but I'm guessing you are trying to configure the old Alert Framework instead of the new CBMA which Raghuraman provided above.

For the old Alert Framework, you need to configure the Alert Rule in RWB as well. You need to specify which interface(s), which engine(s) and select the Alert category you created above.

Refer step 5 in the really old blog below.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I now can see there's an entry in SXMSALERTCONTENT when there's a mapping error. And when I run the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER, I can see there's a regularly error message every 5 minutes. The error message is "No XI alert rules found! Cannot find active alerts".

It seems that there's a job that regularly consume the entry in the table and deleting the entry before the SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL run to consume the alert and send emails.

Then to check if SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL could send the email from the SXMSALERTCONTENT, I run the SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL immediately after a mapping error occur (while there's an entry in the SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL). Then an email is listed in SOST. So, I've successfully received email from Java & ABAP stack.

Now, I need to deactivate the job that keeps consuming the alert from SXMSALERT_LOGREADER. What is possibly the program/job's name to consume the alert?

Is this CBMA available for XI Inbound message in ECC/CRM?

Regards,

Suwandi C.

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, I put the wrong link for the CBMA configuration, the correct link is the following one:

Michal's PI tips: Component-Based Message Alerting

After all, I've created a new alert rule in ID (I've put the needed configuration objects and I've checked the mapping to the alert rule):

The Java mail client has been configured in NWA (I've successfully received emails for CC stopped by administrator error, so I guess the mail client configuration has no issue).

I've added a new task for the AlertConsumerJob with parameter Aggregate is set to true and Suppress Alert is set to false:

The status now is that, I can receive the emails if the error is CC stopped by administrator but mapping error does not trigger the alert email.

I also find the following link for the CBMA in AS ABAP:

I've set the ALERTING_IS_ACTIVE and ALERTING_TARGET to 1.

The table SXMSALERTCONTENT has no content. I've  tried running the SXMSALERT_SEND_VIA_MAIL program but no email is generated.

For the mapping error should the table be filled before the alert is sent?

Regards,

Suwandi C.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

If you set those parameters(ALERTING_TARGET etc) now you need to restart the system in order to effect those parameters.

Regards,

Praveen.

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for the information

I finally see the email in my alert inbox. But I'm not sure if that email is sent to my email account. Because I only receive 1 email which could be the email triggered from ALRTCATDEF.

I've also tried the CBMA alerting from this url:

XI: Alerts - Step by step

I received emails from CBMA, for the Channel Stopped by administrative error. But I don't receive any email for message mapping error. Does CBMA only work for adapter engine error?

How to modify the content of the email via CBMA? How to check if there's any message sent by CBMA?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is for mapping errors as well.In Integration directory select mapping also in the alert configuration..

and for troubleshooting why don't you check the below link

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

Please check in RWB.

there is one option like suppress.

if u check that Suppress then you can get only one alert.

If you un check that one you can get multiple Alerts.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suwandi

Your reply is very confusing. Alert Framework (old) and CBMA (new) are two different ways of alerting in PI. You should either go for one or the other, not both at the same time.

Alert Framework -

CBMA -

You mentioned that you have configured CBMA by referring to the Alert Framework page.

What have you actually configured? Can you provide some screenshots of your existing configurations?

Rgds

Eng Swee

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

First check which alerting is active in your system. If ALERTING_TARGET is 1 then CBMA is active in your system, if ALERTING_TARGET is 0 then alert framework is activate in your system.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi.

Also in the mail box check in the junk mails if all the configurations are correct.

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the information, I use dual stack PI version 7.4

I've configured the alert rule in RWB. But still, a mapping error does not trigger an email. Does this have something to do with authorization? If yes, which user needs which role?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi ,

In your alert rule have you selected integration engine errors also along with Adapter engine or NO restriction.

Also please check your alert inbox to see any old alerts and clear them.

Thanks

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos