cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Best Practices for Implementation (Distinct Scenarios)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We're currently in the process of designing the system to meet certain customer requirements; which are as follows:

1. Company A whose exclusive line of business is tolling (i.e. no-owned inventory; only produces FG from customer provided RM);

2. Company B, who is both a manufacturer and toller.

Note that we have already standard solutions in mind; although to simplify the processes, the assumption is that all toll customers (scenario 1) and the manufacturer and toll customer (scenario 2) will use the same material codes and other master data. I would just like to get your ideas to check and balance our proposed design.

Appreciate all of your responses.

Regards,

Rodel Celo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Essentially, one of the main concerns is how to keep track of inventory between the toller and the toll customer (scenario B) without using any ABAP customization.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if you want to keep the toll customer ( Scenario B) by using SD - Customer master data mandatory.

if the data/records is said to be some hundred or thousand or more than higher volumes then using

ABAP for customization is strongly needed because of using BDC/IDOC. It all purely depends on

your company concerns.

Thanks,

Vivek

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don' t really see any design in your text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Scenario A: We will be using the standard Subcontracting functionality of SAP. Since the Toller (Company A) does not have any "own" stocks (i.e. customer provides all of its inventory), its easier to manage using the standard procurement reports related to subcontracting

For Scenario B: Since the Toller (Company B) has its own stocks aside from those provided by the customer, we plan to use a custom table which will be updated during 1) Receipt of stocks from the customer (recording of increase in RM); and 2) Issuance of FG to the toll customer (decrease in the theoretical consumption of the RM based on the FG proposed). Any gain / loss for the customer will be shouldered by the Toller to account for the process performance.

For the latter, I was wondering if there is a another way which will not involve ABAP development.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not clear what you want to do with ABAP in the second scenario, do you want to re-invent MM?

In general a standard subcontract scenario can even be used if the toller has its own stocks, why do you care?

Is the toller just a vendor  or is your client the toller for others?

If there are complex scenarios where procurement subcontract process is not sufficient then you may consider the PP subcontracting process. Where you just order the service by purchase order and the consumption and receipt of the product is done in a production order.

You could even consider to create a plant for the toller.  But I really don't see any need for ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen for your response.

The requirement is that the toller should be able to keep track of how much of his business is transacted for local and for foreign customers. He provides services (tolls) for local customers while manufactures goods for export.

The said requirement assumes that we can keep track of the raw materials provided to the toller (from local customers) and separate it from his own stock (used in manufacturing). The current setup for the client is that they used suffixes to indicate which item is for local (-L) or export (-E). I can monitor from customer side the stocks provided to subcontractor through MBLB or ME2O. is there such a report that can be generated from the toll provider side to separate stocks for internal use from toll customer?

Is there a way in standard SAP to monitor stocks at the toller side to distinguish which part of his stocks are from customer (for tolling) and which are for internal use (production)? since physical separation and identification between the two (-L and -E) on actual shopfloor operation is difficult. Hence, the plan to consolidate every -L and -E material into once code.

Consideration however is on the impact on the material's valuation as the Raw Materials are MAP and mixing -L (customer) and -E (own stocks) will dilute the actual MAP of the items.