cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADDING THREE SUM FIELDS (THREE COLUMNS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello and I'm making progress with CR.  I'm working on using the sum function for three columns, this is my setup.the three columns representing bills each column for a different company. I have used the summary function (min) for a total in the report footer, having problem with the sum function to add all three summary functions together. this is the code that's in the formula workshop. the Form workshop sees no problem with the function,, when inserting the field in the footer I only get 0

CURRENCYVAR_DEBT;

//SUM({_DEBT.CCBAL1}+{_DEBT.CCBAL2}+{_DEBT.CCBAL3});

Any help would be appreciated and have a good evening

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PW,

Are you trying to sum the min values on the footer or sum the database fields and display the summary on the footer?

If you're trying to add the three fields and display the summary on the footer, here's what you need to do:

SUM({_DEBT.CCBAL1})+Sum({_DEBT.CCBAL2})+Sum({_DEBT.CCBAL3});

In the formula editor, make sure that the option 'Default Values for Nulls' is selected from the drop-down on the top.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using CR 2013.  Have only used CR for one month but have worked with MS excel formulas.   The formula that you sent is working but  (its adding every row in the columns not my  lowest value in each column. (I did set up a summary field for each column to show the minimum values and that is what I'm using in the formula workshop), I need it to sum the minimum values in each column, getting closer and thanks for the help have a good evening.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you'd need to change the formula to:

Minimum({_DEBT.CCBAL1}) + Minimum({_DEBT.CCBAL2}) + Minimum({_DEBT.CCBAL3});

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did it, thanks again and to think that I was attempting to set a MS spreadsheet up for this, wish I knew about CR years ago.  Have a good day