cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release DP to SNP in different planning Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a question regarding release from DP to SNP, please find below the scenario

1. The DP planning book is in monthly buckets i.e. Demand planning is executed in montky buckets

2. While releasing the demand from DP to SNP the demand has to be equally split in the available weeks of the month. the demand is released on the first day of each week i.e. Monday.

Issue:

The issue is that in case of weeks where the month is changing the demand for the days in the week for the next month is getting released on the Monday of  the week which belongs to the previous month. As result of this there is a mismatch between DP and SNP in monthly bucket.

I am using the below distribution function in the release

Example: demand for march is 310 i.e. 10 per day and April is 300 i.e. 10 per day.

31st March is a Monday, while releaseing the demand in the last week of March the demand will be calculated as 10 for march and 60 for 6 days of april in that week. so the total demand in SNP planning book for march month will be 360 and for april will be 240 in monthly bucket.

The requirement is that the demand number should not change in monthly bucket between SNp and DP and should be split in weekly bu cket within the month.

Can you please provide on what is the best possible approach to achieve this result.

Thanks,

Sanjog Mishrikotkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjog,

What are the periodicities that you selected in the DP and SNP storage bucket profile?

You might need to select month and week in order to separate the data both monthwise and weekwise.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Shweta