cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the business scenarios/ business processes/process steps from one project as a basis for another project?

KF11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone-

I am looking into if the following is possible in SAP Solution Manager 7.1:

If I create a project (Project A) by setting up the Business Scenario, Business Processes and Process Steps, is it possible to save this information somewhere so that I can use the same information for Project B? (where in Project B the majority of the information would be the same as Project A but some documents may change or be updated).  And following that, use the information from Project B for a third project (Project C)?

Is there away to duplicate information for multiple projects and save that information to a central area?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelsey,

You can try creating a template project. The template project can be used as a reference for multiple implementations. Usually we make use of the same during global roll outs.

Template Projects - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Just go through this wiki link for more info

Regards

Aditya

KF11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Aditya-

I also found through the SAP help site a description on how to copy projects (Copying Projects) in case someone else needs this information as well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kelsey

incase you are doing a global rollout then template project can help as mentioned above

But

if you are not doing a rollout but requirement is a bit different you can still simply

in solar01 of project B choose the source as Project option and then project A which will copy the entire structure as you want

this should resolve and let me know for any further queries

Thanks

Prakhar

KF11
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Prakhar

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

always welcome