cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can MDG-F help master data governance in two systems that have different master data requirements?

0 Kudos

Dear MDG-F Experts Can you please help me understand the options in MDG-F to handle the below scenario? Customer scenario: System 1 is an ECC transactional system.  System 2 is a SFIN system that is used to meet regulatory requirements.  System 2’s master data requirements are limited and therefore different from System 1.  Customer is implementing MDG-F to govern master data and feels that System 1 and System 2 must be alike in terms of master data and master data elements for MDG-F to work correctly.  Have any of you configured MDG-F to handle such a scenario?  I would like to know the approach and the customers who have implemented such an option. Please let me know if you need further information Many thanks and best Regards Mohammed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohammed

Based on the information provided, it seems that you want to replicate the data to both the systems. The master data elements in both the systems must be same. Here, you have following options -

1. First compare the data in both the systems and make sure you get a list of similar records

2. Load those similar entries first in MDG hub

3. Then move the remaining data

Now when you replicate the data from MDG, you have a option to specify the client name. This is part of the CR type configuration. You can use that system id and with key mapping, you can replicate the data in both systems. In this case, the similar data will be replicated in both systems and even you can move stand-alone data.

Hope this clarify your doubt.

Kiran