cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LE_HU - Movement status of the HU does not allow for archiving

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm using archive object LE_HU for a list of old HU's that were created/assigned to Inbound Deliveries and Outbound Deliveries. My HU's that were created and assigned to Outbound Deliveries were archived successfully. My HU's created and assigned to Inbound Deliveries were not successful and returned with reason 01 - "Movement status of the HU does not allow for archiving". Both HU's have the same MvT Status in table VEKP.

I replicated this in our test system and used 2 specific HU's which had the following values:

Outbound HU status & values:

Status Profile: HUPACK - Handling Unit Packing Status

System Status: PSTD (Goods Issue Posted)

User Status: ISSD (Handling Unit Goods Issued). Status number 03.

MovmtStatus in VEKP: 0050 - Posted for GI (field VEKP-STATUS)

Inbound HU status & values:

Status Profile: HUPACK - Handling Unit Packing Status

System Status: PHEX WHSE (Physically Exists & In Warehouse)

User Status: RCPT (Goods Receipted). Status number 05.

MovmtStatus in VEKP: 0050 - Posted for GI (field VEKP-STATUS)

When executing the Pre-process step in object LE_HU, the job displayed my Outbound HU as green (no issues - can be archived) and my Inbound HU as red (Generally cannot be archived) with reason code 01 as mentioned above. I then looked at the Network Graphic for LE_HU to see which objects needed to be archived in sequence. Since we are using an IS-Retail solution, the following objects were relevant for our scenario (in this sequence):

MM_MATBEL - Article Doc

SD_VTTK - Shipment

RV_LIKP - Delivery

LE_HU - Handling Unit

For my Outbound HU, it still had the article docs (DC GI & Store GR), shipment and delivery un-archived. This did not affect the HU from being archived. When executing the write step for this HU, it was archived successfully (even with the other objects not archived).

For my Inbound HU that appeared with error reason 01, I first archived the related objects successfully (GR Article Doc, Shipment and Delivery). The HU still cannot be archived with same error reason 01.

Any ideas why the archive program treats these 2 HU's differently?

What exactly does error reason 01 mean?

What must the Movement Status be for HU's that were/are assigned to Inbound Deliveries?

Regards,

Fawaaz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I’ve been playing around in my test system with some test HU’s (similar to our PRD HU’s) and did table edits on VEKP on various fields to see what the outcome is and how they affect HU archiving.

It seems the error “Movement status of the HU does not allow for archiving” does not actually refer to the field MvTStatus in VEKP (VEKP-STATUS) but actually the Packing Object status (VEKP-VPOBJ).

These are the various options under this field:
00        Not Assigned to an Object
01        Outbound Delivery
02        Sales Document
03        Inbound Delivery
04        Shipment
05        Non-Assigned Handling Unit
06        Non-Assigned Handling Unit
07        Repetitive Manufacturing
08        Work Order for Components
09        Work Order - Finished Product
12        Non-Assigned Handling Unit
21        Cross-Outbound Delivery
23        Cross-Inbound Delivery

The reason our Outbound Delivery HU’s were archived successfully with no error reason codes is due to this field in VEKP being set to 01 (Outbound Delivery)  and the object key being populated with the relevant OBD number.

Our Inbound Delivery HU’s all have object status 12  (Non-Assigned Handling Unit) but the object key field is populated with an IBD number.

In table edit (debug) mode, I changed one of my HU’s object status in VEKP from 12 to 03 (Inbound Delivery) and then executed the archive pre-processing for that HU. It no longer came up with errors and was ready for archiving. The archive write step also completed successfully.

I've logged an OSS incident with my findings to determine if this is a bug and if so, if there's a correction note for it. I'll keep this post updated with any feedback I receive.

I'm not sure as to how our HU's obtained packing object status 12 if there is an Inbound Delivery assigned to it so hoping this could be answered too but will probably have to do some processing testing with various HU scenarios.

As a work-around (to fixing an EWM batch issue where batches need to be archived ASAP and hence these linked HU's too), is it advisable to do table edits to this VEKP field in debug mode to get them to archive in our PRD system?

Regards,
Fawaaz Jacobs

0 Kudos

Please check if the following information helps you to solve the issue:

SAP enhancement 'V51R0001' can be used to implement additional checks. Regarding to note 923198 a free Handling Unit (HU) can only be archived if its system status is "Goods Issue Posted" (PSTD) or "Deleted" (DLTD) or "Not relevant". If you want to archive non-assigned Handling Units (HUs) with other statuses you have to set user parameter HU_AR_ENHANCED_ON to see additional checkbox "Archive Active Free HUs w/o IM".

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was unsuccessful in finding any relevant OSS Notes for our system.

I investigated my data further and found the following:

- My HU is still in our decentral WM system in VEKP with MvTStatus 0020 (Stock at a non-HU storage location).

- The User Status is RCPT (Goods Receipted).

- The linked Inbound Delivery and GR Doc has been archived in decentral WM.

- In ERP system, HU has MvTStatus 0050 (Posted for GI) in VEKP.

- In ERP system, User Status is also RCPT (Goods Receipted).

- The linked Inbound Delivery and GR Doc has also been archived in ERP.

Could it be that my HU User Status and MvtStatus are not correctly setup and aligned?

Should MvTStatus 0050 not be used exclusively for Outbound Deliveries as they only post GI?

Should my HU in decentral WM system also have MvTStatus 0050?

Does archive program for LE_HU even do checks in decentral WM system when archiving in ERP?

Any advise will be helpful...

Regards,

Fawaaz

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think in case of the inbound delivery is the HU assigned to this document, which means you need to archive the inbound delivery prior to the HU.

you may want to double check with OSS note 1694788 - HU Archiving - Frequently Asked Questions

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have archived the inbound delivery and all other objects (Article Doc and PO) linked to my HU but error reason still persists.

I've read the note and ensured my HU meets the requirements. The strange thing is that my HU's for outbound deliveries were archived fine. It's just my HU's for inbound deliveries that give this error reason.

Regards,

Fawaaz

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of this inbound delivery? does it feed a decentralized WM or an EWM, there are some OSS notes for these cases.

Finally you may need to debug to see exactly at which check it fails.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yes, we currently have both decentral WM & EWM DC's in our landscape. My Inbound and Outbound deliveries from above examples are for a decentral WM warehouse where the HU's were created. These replicated to our ERP system when the Goods Receipt/Goods Issue was posted in decentral. I'm trying to archive them in our ERP system.

I'll search further for those OSS notes and also try debug. Thanks.

Regards,

Fawaaz