Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCORRECT CURRENCY DISPLAY IN DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Looking for experts advice.

I am loading sales data from ECC to BW. We have Sales Unit Price key figure showing value as 1585 JPY in PSA, when we load this data to DSO it is showing as 15.85 even though it is direct mapping. it is happening only for currency JPY.

Does any know what is the issue with this , do i missed any configuration for this?

Thanks in advance.

regards

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Execute the report on top of this provider and check whether the data is fine as in the source.

We had similar issue in our project as well, in the backend data but data in the report is fine.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I had the same issue with Japan Currency. Before sending the issue to SAP I just made sure that Global settings/ exchange rates were transferred to BW, surprisingly issue was fixed.

Go to Source systems under modelling, select your source, right click and choose "Transfer global Settings" and "transfer exchange rates". Load the data up till cube and check if values are displaying correctly.

This process needs to be done in each environment to fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Vinay

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

This is commonly occurring thru JPY currecnies.

please go thru this Note - 1240163 - Amount too high by factor of 100 for HUF, JPY currencies.

For more information please search and get the useful document from google.

Use search key word as "Exceptional Currency Handling in BW".

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

I have tried to maintain decimals 2 for JPY in table TCURX  but still issue persist.

PSA:

Doc No        Doc Currency          Sales Unit Price

12345             JPY                               5764

12346             USD                                345

DSO:

Doc No        Doc Currency          Sales Unit Price

12345             JPY                               57.64

12346             USD                                345

regards

Manoj

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in transformation level you may need to multiply by 100.

At table level changes not suggestible for JPY.

please go thru above google search.

you may get helpful designed document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raman.

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need to do anything in TCURX nor do you need to change any transformations. The behaviour you described is perfectly normal. It is not a problem. But if you change TCURX entries or transformation logic to "fix" this, well, that is how you can create a problem.

The way ECC and BW handle currencies is as follows: every currency in ECC/BW is stored with two decimal places by default. This is ok for most currencies because most currencies have 2 decimals in the real world. But some exceptional currencies have three decimals, and some (like JPY) have zero decimals in the real world. TCURX is the table that stores these exceptions.

What happens then is that the storage at the DB level is always 2 decimals even for JPY. So the amount of 1585 JPY (real world) gets stored as 15.85 in the DB - that's what you see in the DSO.

However, while displaying the amount in a report (like a BEx query), the system automatically looks at TCURX and figures out that JPY has no decimals, and so it multiplies by 100.

As you can see, all this behaviour is built-in and will work correctly and show correct results - but interfering with it by modifying TCURX unnecessarily or changing transformation logic is not at all advisable.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before handling issue at transformation level, can you try run report on cube data and see how it looks your data.if its same as source then you may don't need to do changes.