cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any known issues connecting between Linux Redhat and IQ16 on Windows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to help troubleshoot an issue our developers are having with connection between Linux Redhat servers and IQ16 on Windows. They are running many jobs written in C and some of them are consistently failing with the connections terminating. They are receiving errors Operating-system error (29), DB-Library error(20004) and Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect.

They say the error occurs when they execute dbcancel function in the C code.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Gisung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Here are short description of this error from Manual.

When error is shown, any other messages in iqmsg or sqltrace file?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Appendix B: DB-Library Error Messages

Symbolic constant

- SYBEREAD

Message text

- Read from the server failed.

Possible cause

- Internal I/O error

Action/solution

- Contact Sybase Technical Support.

Additional information

Versions

- All

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to get more detail information, you need to add the following switch for debugging purpose.

This switch "-z" displays diagnostic communication messages, and other messages, for troubleshooting purposes. Information is logged to standard output in the srvlog file.

Here are steps to test.

1. specify the following switch in cfg file (need to restart IQ)

-z  //display debugging information

-zr ALL or SQL //Enables request-level logging of operations.

2. Run program again

3. TDS debugging information is shown in srvlog

[Caution]

- This should only be used when tracking problems.

- SUPPRESS_TDS_DEBUGGING restricts the debugging information about TDS that appears in the server window.

==

Gi-Sung Jang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,
tomorrow morning I will set set -z and -zr ALL switches and the client will run his jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I enabled those switches and the client ran his job 7 times with 7 failures. At each failure time this was recorded in the log:

I. 10/22 09:45:28 0000000000 Cancellation request received: SA connHandle: 211 SA connID: 9 IQ connID: 0000001345 User: Library

I didn't see any errors or warnings, just these cancellation requests.

(p.s. I can't seem to copy and paste text in these editors, I am [stuck] using IE 11)

saroj_bagai
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no issues. Make sure you use  latest IQ 16 client and enable -zr logging.  For copy and paste use chrome, it is known issue on IE 11

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Are you using DB-LIB or CT-LIB?  DB-LIB is deprecated and should not be used.

Try using CT-LIB and see how that goes.  IQ may just not be happy with the way the DB-LIB is sending the cancel command.

Also, ensure that you are only sending 1 protocol down the connection.  e.g. do not mix DB-LIB (CT-LIB) with the native IQ cmdseq protocol on the same connection. 

If you use CT-LIB, you can also configure the ocs.cfg file used on the client side to avoid setting options like network timeouts - which could be the issue here.

Is anything running virtualized?

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, yes these jobs are mostly using DB-LIB. According to the job owner switching to CT-LIB would be a 'massive undertaking'. They worked with IQ15.2, and are not working with IQ16. So are there known issues with DB-LIB and IQ16?

Thank you