cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CBTA] Exposing UFT Parameters in CBTA Composite tests gives error

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

For a while now, I am trying to combine UFT tests for Non-sap SUT's and CBTA tests for SAP in one composite test.

I am having no troubles at all calling the UFT Tests from a CBTA composite test, however passing parameters is a pain...

According to the SAP Documentation it should be as easy as exposing the parameters

(See SAP Support Portal , Page 91 onwards)

The moment I change the usage for a parameter of the UFT test to 'Exposed' and try to save the CBTA composite test I receive an error:

Error: The Node 0 of Object CIF2_1 Does Not Exist

This error appears as well when setting the usage parameter to 'Fixed' or 'Local'

The CIF2_1 is the eCatt Command interface.

I looked at it from SECATT as well, but I do not see any obvious clues as to what is wrong.

No notes on SAP to be found either, indiating a program error.

Somebody ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

the approach you follow seems to be ok. You may check this SAP note 1972605.

If it does not help I would recommed to create a ticket.

Regards Reiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, thank you for the response,

Implemented note 1972541, to which 1972605 refers, but issue remains.

i will send in a ticket.

Regards,

Arjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Would it be possible to get in touch directly, I have been in touch with SAP.

It is stated i am trying to do some which is not supported, but you appear to be fairly sure.

Regards,

Arjan

0 Kudos

Hi Arjan,

I was able to clarify. Actually is was an issue in communication based on the term 'CBTA composite test' which does not really exists in our architecture. In addition the guide you referred to still contains some old screens (SAPGUI - based) and based on QTP.

It is definitely possible to put different types (CBTA, UFT, etc.) of scripts into one Composite Script, while the 'Composite  Script' is not an CBTA script but part of the Test Composition Environment (TCE) that also allows you to map parameters between scripts. Technically we use ECATT as the underlying framework but added a new UI as well as additional functionality.

To make sure that you are following the right approach here some guidelines:

1. When creating or editing scripts please make sure that you are only using the web based TCE UI and not SECATT anymore.
  2. Make sure that each single script can be executed and parameters are available
  3. Create a new Compostite Script (not ECATT) and add the 1st single script (e.g. QTP / UFT) exposing all input parameters that should be mapped with a Test Data Container.
  4. Save and run the script to verify it is ok.
  5. Add 2nd single script and expose all relevant input parameters except the one you would like to map with the first script.
  6. Select the 1st script and set the export parameter to local
  7. Select the 2nd script and set the import parameter to be mapped with the 1st script also to local and use the search help in column Ref. Parameter to get the export parameter of the 1st script and select it.
  8. Save and run the script to verify it is ok.
  9. continue with steps 5 - 8 untill the Composite Script is complete.

Let me know if this works in your environment and if not in which step exacly you'll face some issues.

Regards Reiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Thank you for your support so far.

Looking at your comments i started from scratch with the 'HowTo HP QTP Integration with Solution Manager' to isolate the problem. Possibly this is the same reason why the QTP test can not be added to a Composite test. Unfortunately the guide is not completely up to date looking at STCE being used instead of the WEB TCE for instance.

Using  SOLAR02 i create a test for SU01, parametrizing the TCode and UserID.

The input parameters are correctly saved in the test configuration. Subsequently i create a test data container, link the parameters in the Test Data Assignment Wizard.

However, when executing the test, there is no way i can get the test to use the values from the test data container to be used in the test. At execution the only value passed is the default value for the input parameter as it is maintained on the test script. it completely ignores any data from the TDC.

I just ignored this issue, and tried adding the test to a composite test. This works, but as soon as i change the input parameter to 'exposed' error message 'The Node 0 of object  CIF1_1 Does not exist is displayed.

Regards,

Arjan

Some screenprints:

0 Kudos

Hi Arjan,

thanks for the detailed description. I agree that the guide is not up-to-date and I would recommend to skip chapter 3 and 4 completely and not using STCE or SECATT.

Test Data Container should be assigned at the end as soon the Composite Script is working fine. This will also save effort.

Regards Reiner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

- Chapter 4 describes parameter handover using QTP Master test Configuration,

which will not applicable either since i need to pass info to/from UFT-CBTA tests

- Chapter 5 describes parameter handover using TCE, but exactly this parameterization i use,

but is ignored when assigning TDC directly to a QTP test.

When adding the QTP test to a composite test, it is not possible to put the parameter to 'exposed' as

described on page 92

0 Kudos

Hi Arjan,

seems that we can't solve this with just providing some how-to discussion.

Please create a ticket on the component: SV-SMG-TWB-TCE to address the problem.

Colleagues from support agreed to do so.

Regards Reiner