Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in Custom ovs

former_member187270
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have gone through various post related to custom OVS but din't find solution. I have requirement to create custom ovs and  add it to the extended field on accounts screen. I have achieved that. But when i select the record from popup i want description in my extended field. Could any body help me out please. here are the below images for reference.

1) This are the extended fields on account screen.

2) This is the custom ovs.

3) When i click on any record. I get the result as shown in below image.

But i want to get LOB Desc in LOB field.

4) When i am trying to search the record i want to make it case insensitive.

Could any body help me out please.

Thanks,

Quddus.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quddus,

Unfortunatelly -if you have added a custom OVS to a stadnard field using a change transaction- it is not possible to show the description in the same field (at least not without a dirty trick).

However:

What you can do is this:

You can add a second field containing the description and fill it in the AfterModify after a change to the source field has been detected.

The dirty trick mentioned above is:

You can detect the change on the field and then append the description to the field itself.

In this case you might need additional logic and maybe an additional field holding the original content.

Best regards,

Ludger

--

Custom Development with All4Cloud.de

former_member187270
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludger,

I like your dirty trick . Thanks for your help. Could you please help me out with the 4th point from my query. i.e, i want to make search for particular record in OVS POP-UP as case insensitive.

Thanks,

Quddus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quddus,

Here is, how it can be done (but this is dirty too):

case insensitive search only works with data types which have "Uppercase" "yes" set (e.g. the 'ID'-data type). But this data type has the drawback of converting the content to upper case.

So if you want to do case insensitive search without upper case conversion, you need to copy the content a field to an equivalent field of type "uppercase" and perform the search on this field instead of the origin field.

Best regards,

Ludger

--

Custom Development with All4Cloud.de

former_member187270
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludger,

I have tried your trick but i din't work for me. I have a record in my business object say "test1". I have execute the query by right clicking on business object and given input as "TEST1". it's showing me 0 entries. I want my query to take input irrespective of case.

Kindly help me please .

Thanks,

Quddus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Quddus,

which data type is the field containing the data "Test1"?

I doubt it has the Uppercase property because then it would have the content "TEST1".

You need a field of a data type with the Uppercase property because only on these you can do a case-insensititve search.

And thus if you do need the origin field to be case-aware, you need to copy the content to a second uppercase-field where the search is done upon instead of the original field.

Best regards,

Ludger

--

Custom development with All4Cloud.de

former_member187270
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludger,

Thanks a lot. .

Answers (0)