cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Movement Type 701/702 in warehouse inventory process.

shankar_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the scenario of warehouse managed storage location with HU management and serial number management. We are getting movement type 701/702 in place of 712/711 in material document posted for difference.

Checked the movement type and other WM configuration, movement type in WM is maintained as 712 and 711 only.

In material document of 701 and 702, WM movement type is updated as 0 (no movement type), while other WM details are updated correctly.

Used transaction HUINV01/03/05/07 for doing this process.

Need help in identifying the missing configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Shankar kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not using the full handling unit management, never used the mentioned transactions, but being familiar with help.sap.com I would say that you used the wrong transaction for the physical inventory process in a WM location: Physical Inventory of Handling Units - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

shankar_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

In the link provided, when we go in the create PI document, it is suggesting same transaction which I used for PI process.

HUINV01 - Create

HUINV02 - Change

HUINV05 - Write Off

Creating a Physical Inventory - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

No idea about the movement type selection (701/702 in place of 711/712) in case of HU with warehouse management and serial number managed material.

Thanks,

Shankar kumar

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never used that in any of my previous project however I see there is one more place in Handling unit node where you define the inventory adjustment movement type. Have a look on that

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the link provided is a special section for warehouse management:

Physical Inventory of Handling Units in the WMS

The WM inventory usually refers to the outermost handling unit (HU). Since this outer HU corresponds to a storage unit, the inventory is executed in the WM system, as before. In the inventory process, the system counts the material quantity or the storage units for each storage bin.

I understand this highlighted section in a way that you shall use the usual LX15 or LX16 transaction to do the count,   and this will then bring the 711 - 718 movements in case of differences.

shankar_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Able to post the material document in correct movement type by doing the configuration as suggested.

Thanks,

Shankar kumar

Answers (0)