cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement an integration about Google Analytics and Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am familiar with the technology from JBOSS ESB and Oracle SOA - BPM experience but I am newbie in PI. I just got a base education abuot PI. I need to implement an integration between GA service and MSSQL DB.

PI version is 7.4. I can get my infos via java project here. But how can i realize that in PI environment?

Could you please guide me?

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

AFAIK JBOSS can make connection with SOAP protocol. You can do your integration with SOAP to JDBC scenarios.

First of all you would need to install MSSQL drivers in your PI. Check this note 1615198 - PI JDBC and JMS Adapter driver's JRE compatibility

You can start reading this documents:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f04ce027-934d-2a10-5a8f-fa0b1ed4d...

Check this document to know how you must do your XMLs in PI to access to the database Defining XML Documents for Message Protocol XML SQL Format - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

If i was you i would do an easy scenario with a select to test the jdbc drivers installation.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, i will need to jdbc adapter. And i noticed(ofcourse i may be wrong) that we must have PI 7.4 with at least SP 10. Even if it supplies a rest adapter, It seems that complex. Regarding searching documents on scn about rest adapter with oauth call I can not still understand how can i achieve to authentication with p12 file for service-to-service process in native pi env. Additionally, i ve read blog on scn about this subject. But i am not enlighted. Because it doest involve similar flow fitting my scenario.

Google advise to use service account such as that process without human interaction. see also

So, i think that developing a custom adapter with ejb become easier than basis upgrade and trusting native rest adapter's capabilities about oauth2.0.

Your ideas are welcome..

Thank you

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

May be someone can help you if he has used oauth 2.0, i didn't. However, you should think to avoid the own developments as far as you can, in the past i have had problem with PI upgrades (versions, not SPs) with the own developments and the jvm changes or developments without the sources or the enough documentation. Also if you are more comfortable doing your code your own adapter, you can check the wonderful 's to access the adapter code and to check/improve the SAP Rest adapter.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Iñaki.

Actually i can not feel comfortable any section on PI env because of i am newbie.

And i see your concern and recommendation about custom development. So, agree abut upgrading makes more sense. Please if someone who experienced oauth rest adapter on version of 7.4 with at least SP 10 or 7.31 4 with at least SP15”  would be really GREAT!!

brgds

Answers (0)