Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persona Flavor Updater Program Required in SAP Screen Persona Version 2.0 SP03

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need help on new feature of Persona flavor updater available in SP03.

Here there is requirement of Personas Flavor Updater program. Below are my queries:

1. I am not able to open the link provided Downloaded from here as shown in below screen shot. Please find attached file for the same.
  2. If I get the program, than what will be Pre-requisite for the of Persona Flavor Updater program. I mean what should be version for SAP Screen Personas?
  3. After getting program, How to install and execute it? Will the program be available in “/N/PERSOS/ADMIN_UI”  transaction.

Kindly help us to understand this new features.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi developer,

You can try to download the program again (linkhttps://mdocs.sap.com/mcm/public/v1/open?shr=Z8VBeyjp2AUab1Fms4YmnFTBaz8qLRDiOpa6RSZRaXU). You need to be on Personas 2.0 SP03 to import the flavors. It will be windows executable program which does not need any installation or Personas, just download and unzip the archive and open PersonasFlavorUpdater.exe.

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

Many Thanks for your Reply!!!

I have downloaded Persona Flavor Updater Program from the link provided by you.

Below are the Steps followed for testing:

1. I have downloaded Persona Flavor Updater Program on my system.

2. I have created flavor for transaction ME22N for which control Id is already maintained in the development system for client 1.

3. After that i have deleted control Id for the transaction ME22N from client 2 in same system to which i will export flavor from Client 1.

4. I exported and imported the flavor in client 2.

5. I observed my flavor was not working fine.

6. Now when i maintained control Id from Persos_UI and refresh my screen, i found my flavor was working fine.

7. I have not used Persona Flavor Updater Program anywhere in above steps.

Kindly let us know why this flavor is working fine as i have not used Persona Flavor Updater Program anywhere.

Is this because the SP03 is implemented in my system?

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I dont understand why would you need this program if you created your flavor with overwrite entries in client 1.

Since Your flavor is created with overwritten ids in client 1, when you move flavor to client 2 it wont work (because it does not know what the overwritten ids refer to). So when you maintained overwrite entries in client 2, the flavor works fine.

As mentioned in wiki, you need this utility program only if you created flavor without overwrite rules and then add the overwrite rules (because flavor still has old ids).