Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning inspection plan to lot at time of migo

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We want to assign inspection plant to inspection lot at the time of MIGO ( inspection type 01) . We want when inspection lot of type 01 is generated from MIGO then our code should assign the inspection plan to lot with sampling procedure.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why to develop the code for this? It is pretty standard functionality.

What steps you have followed and where you didn't get the desired result?

Anand

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananad ,

Sorry I forgot to mention. There will be more than 1 inspection plans available . Standard wont be able to decide which plan should be assigned to lot. Its like manually selecting the plan in QA02 tcode. We want our custom code should provide the plan number on the basis of some z table entries.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Np! That could be feasible I guess. You need to explore the exit for MIGO transaction. Also check if the exit QPL10001 is useful here.

But I am curious to know the business scenario that demands this. Also on what basis the system will pick the correct plan? What common factor do you see in the MIGO transaction and in inspection plan or so called Z table to link these together?

Regards,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm curious too.. why use a Z-table table if you can use one of the inspection lot user exits to assign the proper plan based on a logic.  Is it required that the person at the time of MIGO even see this?

Craig

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

Yes we decide at the time of MIGO . Also the exit : QPL10001 is not working for us. It does not assign plan correctly . The lot remain in CRTD status only .

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So then something in the programming is incorrect or not satisfied.  I've had developers set the exit up to use and we didn't seem to run into any problems.  Not be a developer I can't give you details but the exit does work.  What did you have to do to move them from CRTD to REL then?  I'd definitely look into this some more.  It would also help us to understand a bit what is driving the plan selection.  Where it comes from?  What's being made from it?   How the receiver feels that day?  🙂

Craig

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plan selection depends on a value under Z table . If the field is blank then we want to assign plan A with DMR if its not blank then we want to assign plan B without DMR.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if exit QPL10001 is working for you can you please share your code .

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. then I'm going to guess this is related to using certified and uncertifed vendors.  That info could be maintained in a field in a Q-info record if it has to be material/vendor specific.  If it is just vendor specific it can be maintained as a value in a class characteristic in the 300 class type which is assinged to the vendor number.  The exit would look up the appropriate value and assign the plan.  There is no reason this can't be done without a Z-table and using the user exit.

As I said, I'm not a developer so I wouldn't even know what code to provide.  But I also couldn't do that because of my client.  It's not my code.

That said, looking back, you should be using QPAP0002 for that.  Not QPL10001.

Craig

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I still do not get it. If you have a Z table that states for material A to use inspection plan 1 (while having your material assigned to both plans 1 and 2), why can't you just assign your material to only one of the plans? Or rather develop a program that eases the management of your material-plan assignments?

I think (Anand also mentioned it): you need to approach this from the business demand side. What are you trying to achieve with this solution? And why? You still did not answer this.

Regards

MH

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's my guess Martin.  They don't use the standard SAP MPN process which allows an actual manufacturer number ot be assigned to the inspection lot.  They probably have materials which are sourced from a distributor or importer.   But each material is actually manufacturered by a different company or could come from multiple sites.

So they certify manufacturer X at site y.  VWR sell the product.  It comes into the doc, and they need to determine if the product is actually from mfg X and made at y.  If it was, then it can be eligible for DMR.  If it was at say from mfg X but produced at site T, it is not eligible.  So at GR they pop up the Z table and related material entires, the GR person reviews them, picks the appropriate one for the material received and looks at  the field.  They then assign the DMR plan, or the regular plan.

Using the MPN process would make this go away but require a more extensive master data maintainence program.

Without MPN, it is mostly a manual process at receipt.  Unless you build in some customizations which is what it sounds like the are trying to do.

Craig

SAP PM:   I'm I close???