Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

storage unit & quant problem

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While doing transfer order for outbound delivery, when I am picking stock from 6** storage types SU number and quant is not coming automatically in TO

creation.

Because of which after assigning HU to TO from LH01, in LT12, HU identification is not coming.

when I enter SU and quant manually in TO creation, everything works fine. So my concern is why this SU and quant number is not coming automatically.

This problem is only with source storage type 6**, SU management is active for this storage types like others.

Stock removal strategy is L for this 6** storage types.

Br,

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unable to visualize by statement it would be better if you can share some screen along with process steps

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply Manish,

My simple query is, While creating outbound TO when I pick stock from storage types 600 to 610 storage unit is not coming automatically,due to which quant number is not coming.

Same when I use other storage types SU number and quant is coming..

What setting will be missing for this 600 storage type. I compared and only difference is stock removal strategy for 600 is L.

I checked all settings for SU, search strategy for bin type is proper. Pls Help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it does not help us to help you when you say you had checked and everything is proper setup.

It is obviously not, otherwise you would not have to raise the question here.

So provide some screenshots that enable the people to see issue and the setup

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Please provide your suggestions if I missed some thing. Which screenshot you want? I will share.

what are the steps, why this SU number is not coming automatically for storage type 600

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can start with a screen shot of the storage bin search log

And explain how you pick. You just said "when I pick stock from storage types 600 to 610 storage unit is not coming automatically,due to which quant number is not coming."

Usually you should get everything proposed in the TO, however this sentence sounds as if would in general enter the storage type manually.

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

When I create TO in foreground, storage type, section and bin comes automatically. But SU and quant number is blank.

This happens only if storage type any one from 600 to 610. Screenshot attached.

If in search strategy I change the storage type or manually I enter other storage type that this 600 to 610. SU number comes automatically.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you add one more screen shot, from the quant (detail screen) itself that you are actually expect to pull in automatically.

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not the detail, detail can be seen in LS23

What is the difference between a storage  bin in those 600-610 storage types compared to a storage type where it works? Compare in LS03N

Is there any difference between the storage type defintion between your 602 and any of those which works? Compare in IMG.

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

I compared storage units of both in LS23 and bins in LS03.

Everything is same, bin type was different I made it similar to other. but still same issue.

screenshot of two storage types: 602 not working, 700 :working

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you get any error message on this screen when you are trying to save. What is the message appear when you are trying to press the save button on this screen

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

No Error msg, TO gets created without SU number. which results in further issue. when I assign Pick HU in LH01 and after saving when I go to LT12, there is no HU identification.

So I need to assign manually in VL02N because of this.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was curious about other fields than just the storage unit from LS23 which could eventually explain why the quant is not proposed.

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok . LS23 screens for you.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my LS23 looks different

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

My Mistake. I displayed SU instead of quant. Here are quants

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Do you need any more information?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your storage type 602 is defined as Bulk storage system is not proposing the SU and Quant, The concept of Block storage is that In one Bin you can have multiple SU & Quant and you are allowed to pick / scan any SU hence you are not getting the Quant and SU during TO creation

In case of storage type 700 that is not defined as bulk storage type hence system is proposing the Quant and SU when you are picking from that storage type

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Perfect Manish.

Thanks you solved my problem.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody has any idea regarding this?

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Did you check the storage bin search log? and is there any reason given in the log?

Thanks,
Balaji

former_member401793
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Yes I checked, there is no reason in search log.

Br,

Swapnil