cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas config only client copy - missing Flavors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys - could do with an quick response on this if anyone out there can help.

We just created a new environment by doing a config only client copy which appeared to work but at the end of it my personas flavors have not copied ....  can anyone explain why?

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisGela
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

FYI;

Persona data (at least personas 2.0) is located in this table; /PERSOS/FLAVOR

Classification of this table is : APPL0 (Master data)

Therefore it  will not be copied when doing a client copy using a customizing only profile.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because they are not config? Just a thought...

Copy them via export/import or transport.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve - yes - they are in a workbench transport that would suggest that they are not config but a client client independent change of some sort but they are not ... what actually are they? And I must have missed this in the past but flavors must always be transported afresh when building a new environment based on an already existing and tested one?

Regards.

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not everything that goes on a workbench request is client independent (he says, being sure that's true but also being unable to think of any examples right now...). Ultimately, of course, flavours are just rows from a table. A client dependent table, as it happens.

If you do a full client copy, you'll copy all the flavours. If you don't do a full copy, there are things that get missed out, obviously. Personas flavours happen to be among them. I guess the main reason for that is that Personas is an add-in and the client copy profiles just don't know about the Personas tables and so can't copy them. But there are probably other things you need that get missed out too, depending on the purpose of the copy. Master of various sorts, for example. Just add Personas clients to the list of extras you need to copy over manually.

I admit I don't do client copies so often these days. Whole system copies are so much easier than they used to be, with modern storage systems, that we tend to do whole system refreshes most of the time...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve - that news is helpful if a little disappointing.