cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-AA New Asset Accounting Deactivation Message No AC501

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I tried to enable new asset accounting. Initially I have activated prepare Asset Accounting new .

Then I tried to check prerequisites for Activating Asset Accounting , then I am trying to Activate Asset Accounting (new)

I am getting the error  , not able save .

So I am not able to do classical asset accounting also , because the system is now In Preparation mode of New Asset accounting

The error is following Chart of depreciation 0DE  not defined or only allowed to be copied Message No AC501

Now I want to go back initial stage for Classical Asset Accounting

How to make Prepare Asset Accounting new as In Activate

Please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks and Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suresh,

Concerning your question concerning deactivation of new FI-AA:

The answer to this question is that you cannot set new asset accounting inactive once you started the activation process. You can find this info also in the documentation of the corresponding customizing step and in the following SAP library articel:

FI-AA, Parallel Valuation - Financial Accounting (FI) - SAP Library

"(...) Caution: The Customizing switch that you use to start Customizing for new Asset Accounting is not reversible. (...)"

If affected system is a test system, the easiest option will be to reset the whole client with a copy that does not have new FI-AA acticvated.

Otherwise you have to solve the cause of the error message and setup a proper customizing for new asset accounting.

Best regards, Michael

0 Kudos

Suresh,

Can you check transaction code: OAOB what chart of depreciation is assigned to the company code.

From the error message it looks like you assigned ODE, Do  a dropdown and select the active Depreciation area.

Thanks,

Bharat

Tiger_007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use below program to make active/inactive new spro

RFAGL_SWAP_IMG_NEW

you can use below program to make active/inactive old spro

RFAGL_SWAP_IMG_OLD