Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Job

former_member613838
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Could you tell me about archiving processing jobs.

1. Archiving jobs can run while users are using SAP or not?

2. Are there any archiving objects that need to run in parallel at same time?

3. Archiving jobs can run while other business jobs are running?

4. If archiving jobs run 1 time per 1 month, how long  archiving process take time (response time)?

I know that it depends on environment, but I do not have any sample for it.

So I want to know it for just reference.

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) certainly can an archiving job run while users are using SAP. Just imagine companies who work around clock and around the globe, there is no time slot to do it without users in SAP.

2) never realized that any object would have such need. Usually there are object dependencies that demand to execute the archiving objects in a certain sequence for bigger success. Running them in parallel would rather have unpredictable results.

3) yes, other jobs do just their work like users do their work in SAP. In general you should not have an interference between the jobs as archiving should be carried out for data which is not needed anymore. Of course does a system not have unlimited capacity for batch jobs, so you should plan the start in a time where you affect less the work of others, because archiving jobs need their part of the performance and job capacity too.

4) this can vary from a second to several hours. Technical environment is just one tessera to the mosaic. It depends how much data you produce per month and how much you have in your selection, how big the object is (several hundred tables or just one), how heavy are the logical checks that all criteria and preconditions are met, when you run the jobs etc etc.

Just imagine utility companies who bill millions of customers each month, imagine supermarkets where each item on the sales slip is a movement. And on the other side you may have remote subsidiaries which just enter 30 sales orders in a month. A sample is not worth anything without knowing the parameters.

Answers (0)