Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock all users from company or at plant level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have one requirement , we need all the users from one company code or from plant level needs to be locked for specified duration and again they should make unlocked .

Points to note - We have multiple company codes across the globe , so we want to lock the user from specific location (company code level) only so that the users from other regions can not get affected. We also need some exception of kipping some users from Finance section should have active access so that they can perform the required activity during the period when other users are locked

How to proceed for this -

Any standard program / transaction available ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I do not think we have any standard program for this.

How did you classify user groups ( Based on region, company code, etc.,) in your SAP system?  This is one way to do it easily.

Else you may need to do some grouping like listing out all the roles which has the required company codes then use those roles in  AGR_USERS table to get the list of users who has access to these roles which is nothing but users who belong to that company code.

( Note: Some organizations will have users responsible for more than one company code irrespective of user base location is.)

To exclude finance team, you either need to get information from the users else see what roles falls under finance section so you can exclude the users who have access to those roles.

Hope this is helpful .

Thanks

Kalpana.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I do not think we have any standard program for this.

How did you classify user groups ( Based on region, company code, etc.,) in your SAP system?  This is one way to do it easily.

Else you may need to do some grouping like listing out all the roles which has the required company codes then use those roles in  AGR_USERS table to get the list of users who has access to these roles which is nothing but users who belong to that company code.

( Note: Some organizations will have users responsible for more than one company code irrespective of user base location is.)

To exclude finance team, you either need to get information from the users else see what roles falls under finance section so you can exclude the users who have access to those roles.

Hope this is helpful .

Thanks

Kalpana.

0 Kudos

User groups are classified at Global level , in table USR02 i can see the users groups at Global level and not according to the Company level or plant level

0 Kudos

Hello Kalpana

Just want to know how to list out all the roles which has the required company codes, is any table or transaction will help me to get this or manually i need to check one by one all the roles for the Company code details ?

0 Kudos

You can use table AGR_1252 to find out the roles for required company codes and then table AGR_USERS would give you the users assigned to those roles.

The best way would be to categorize the users in appropriate user groups. You can use a naming convention which suits your orgnization structure and then it will always help for reporting/access maintenance.

Regards,

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about validity dates on the roles? That way same user is "locked" from processing orders in a plant but can still do accounting if he / she performs two jobs with the same user ID.

Or use the standard options to open / close periods for posting types. That way they are authorized but system does not allow it.

Or... even better... just tell them not to do it and monitor that it they do not co-operate then they don't get a bonus. That works very well!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius von dem Bussche wrote:

Or... even better... just tell them not to do it and monitor that it they do not co-operate then they don't get a bonus. That works very well!

Cheers,

Julius

My favourite, they only do it once!

kchillagundla
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.