Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Inspection result from one lot to another lot with same material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to use the inspection result copy functionality with using BAPI

I have a specific scenario like : Inspection lot created in SAP that we are transfering to LIMS and RR being done in LIMS.

Suppose there are multiple inspection lots against one material document , user will enter the result against one inspection lot

Now i want to copy result to another inspection lot which belongs to same material in material document.

Based on specific MIC i am getting the information from inspection lot which will have complete result.

I am trying to use BAPI  :BAPI_INSPOPER_GETDETAIL and BAPI_INSPOPER_RECORDRESULTS but facing issue to copy result from one to another inspection lot.

Please give some logic and help to extecute the same.

You rapid reply will be highly approciated.

Thanks,

Abhishek 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201532
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You want to carry out result recording in SAP or in LIMS? Did you have a look on below link?

SAML Response from SAP Cloud Identity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to carry out RR in SAP only , I have checked this given link but as per my client requirement result should get copy automatically from the inspection lot which has entered result and copy all the result from that inspection lot to another inspection lot which belongs to same material of that GRN document.

For example i have one inspecion lot 100000XX10 with Material A which is having result entered in LIMS and trasffered to SAP through interface. now i have more lots which is related to material A

100000XX11 , 100000XX12 , 100000XX13 , requirement is to copy all the result from  100000XX10 to all 100000XX11 , 100000XX12 , 100000XX13.

Hope you are clear.

Thanks,

Abhishek

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So both the inspection lots (The one which has results recorded and another in which you want to copy these results) they exists in the same SAP system only.

To me it seems to be the complex ABAP development. You should try developing BDC for tcode QE11 or QE01 as per the case. If the above customization is in place then it will ask to input the reference inspection lot. Set this job as background. Every time the job runs it will always need 2 input parameters 1) Inspection lot number against which you want to record the results and 2) inspection lot number whose results you want to copy.

The point is how this job will decide on its own the above 2 values? May be you need to extend your ABAP logic to check which lots were processed and already considered for processing or processed? I think you can now build your own logic with this hint as you know the business conditions well! Let us know if this succeeds.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quick question.  Wouldn't all those lots also reside in your LIMS?  I mean if one lot is sent down to LIMS why aren't the others?

In which case how do you close out the lots in LIMS?

Shouldn't they maybe copy the results to the related lots in LIMS and let them get upoaded to their respective SAP lots from there?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes all lots are reside in LIMS , all lots together sent down to LIMS.

Based on inspection lot status it is getting download to LIMS from SAP.

They authorized the sample (inspection lot) and release it from LIMS and then result will get flowing to SAP.

Lots without results came from LIMS which are having status 6 - Transfer Characteristic to Subsystem

, now against those lots QE01 should be perform through BAPI or need to create BDC programme.

Shouldn't they maybe copy the results to the related lots in LIMS and let them get upoaded to their respective SAP lots from there? - Didn't get exactly the question

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the above feedback , need to check once.

Yes but actaully there are two cases

1) Inspection lot gets download in LIMS and coming to SAP without result which are having characteristics status 6

2) Inspection lots which not gets downlaod in LIMS ( This case needs to be consider because there may be the chance in case LIMS down and manual RR will done)

Required both cases in the consideration.

Thanks,

Abhishek

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishesk, Could you please elaborate the process flow sequentially? I have below doubts in the same

1. In which system the inspection lots is getting created first? in LIMS?
  2. Whether you do result recording in LIMS for all the lots generated there? or
  3. You send empty inspection lots (without any results) to SAP?
  4. Whether you flow all the inspection lots to SAP from LIMS?

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

• In which system the inspection lots is getting created first? in LIMS? - Inspection lot is created in SAP only then it goes to LIMS
  • Whether you do result recording in LIMS for all the lots generated there? - RR done in LIMS only after it is flowing to SAP (RR happening in one inspection lot against one unique material against GRN)
  • You send empty inspection lots (without any results) to SAP? After RR done in LIMS it is flowing to SAP (RR happenning in few lots only further sending without RR)
  • Whether you flow all the inspection lots to SAP from LIMS? - We have specific work center and inspection plan that only flow to SAP to LIMS and Vice Versa.
anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok! So I follow it this way,

1. You do Goods Receipts in SAP and the inspection lots are generated in SAP
  2. You then transfer these empty inspection lots (lots with no Result Recording) to LIMS
  3. You then carry out result recording in LIMS
  4. Then you flow these results back to SAP against the certain inspection lots
  5. The interesting fact is, you do not move all the lots to LIMS. For example if in SAP after GR 10 lots are generated then you are transferring say 7 inspection lots to LIMS. Am I right?
  6. You record the results against these 7 in LIMS and expect the results should be updated in all the 10 inspection lots in SAP??
  7. If it is designed in the same way, then you should modify the existing logic which is already in place. I can not say in details as I don't know the architecture put in place there at the moment but I can see that if the data is already flowing for few lots, then just find out somewhere in the program and then give the remaining 3 inspection lots as destination lots with the same logic.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If all the lots flow to LIMS, then logically, your results copying functionality SHOULD be done in your LIMS.  Most commercial LIMS come with some functionaity to copy results from one sample to another.  That really should be where the resutls are copied, not in SAP.

If you copy them in the SAP system, then how do the samples in the LIMS system get closed out?  You'd have to follow up in SAP by sending an update to LIMS that the inspeciton lot was processed in SAP and no results are required.  That just adds another level of complexity to the process.

But if you use LIMS functionality to copy all the results within LIMS, then they upload to SAP and the lots get updated and auto UD's can close them.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • The interesting fact is, you do not move all the lots to LIMS. For example if in SAP after GR 10 lots are generated then you are transferring say 7 inspection lots to LIMS. Am I right? - No we are transfering all the lots to LIMS which are generated against GRN.
  • You record the results against these 7 in LIMS and expect the results should be updated in all the 10 inspection lots in SAP?? - Currently they are entering result againt one lot only out of that 10 and authorize the same and release.(for example 10 lots against one GRN). expecting RR copy to another 9 lots.

Thanks,

Abhishek

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek, Craig has got it correct here!

If all the lots flow to LIMS, then logically, your results copying functionality SHOULD be done in your LIMS

My interpretation is like this on your mapping,

• The mechanism or the logic of flowing the inspection results from LIMS inspection lot to SAP inspection lot is already in place and working fine.
  • Your issue is, you do not do the result recording for all the inspection lots in LIMS but in SAP you want the results should be recorded for all the inspection lots.
  • If I have understood it correctly then I see below 3 alternatives,

1. You either have to develop a functionality in LIMS itself which will copy the results from one lot to another in LIMS. Once all the lots in LIMS are filled with the results then you can very well flow the results to SAP with the existing logic.
  2. Or let the results should flow only for one inspection lot from LIMS to SAP and then develop the functionality in SAP to copy the results from one lot to another as I mentioned in my earlier post.
  3. Or, You must be giving input and destination inspection lots for this data flow. So always give inspection lot A (present in LIMS with recorded results) as input to all the destination lots in SAP in stead of one as one mapping.

Anand

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you expecting the 9 lots that have been logged into LIMS and don't get results recorded on them to be closed?  Are you expecting SAP, once the result are copied in SAP to send them back down to LIMS?

Unless you put in more customization, I don't see how you get rid of those unused lots in the LIMS system.

Craig