Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy Query

former_member214778
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 queries on same Info provider. For example, there are two existing queries A and B.

Now I want to replace A Query with copy of B query.

If I open B Query and save as A query with same technical name and different description will it work?

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If I open B Query and save as A query with same technical name and different description will it work?

No, it wont allow you to save with the same technical name.

Now I want to replace A Query with copy of B query.

if it is a complete change of query (and you can't redesign it) then you can simply delete A Query, then copy the B query with the  previously deleted Query A name and then transport  it to QA and  production, this will replace the existing Query A.

former_member214778
Participant
0 Kudos

Closing the thread.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

This wouldn't work as the system will not accept two queries in same technical name.

But if you intension is to have a copy query of B, why do you want to do this way. Create a new copy query of B and delete A (if you don't want this)

Do you have any other challenges in doing this? Please explain with more details.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your info-provider is same then objects also remains same in both Query's, then why you  need to copy insisted make changes you want in Query1