cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple discount condition types in SAP ECC Pricing procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone let me know, if it's possible to determine multiple discount types in SAP ECC pricing procedure? The company has multiple discount calculated on Net price and they want to show them separately in pricing procedure so that it can be reported separately. Don't want to club them in single condition type.

As per my understanding, if there are condition types with similar condition class, then the last one will be determined and other will be deactivated.

Please let me know.

Regards

ND

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello!

Each condition is positioned at a level, you can play with the levels as you want on each condition type.

For do this you maybe you need insert various subtotals between each discount condition type, can be a condition type as statistical , or simple levels (not condition type) working like subtotals referenced to each level that you define.

Level 1     ZPR0                      $100

Level 2     ZK01         25%      $-25 (apply over level1)

Level 3     Subtotal1                $75   (Level1+Level2)

Level 4     ZK02        10%       $-7.5 (apply over Level3)

Level 5     Subtotal2                $67.5 (Level 3 + Level 4)

Level 6     ZK03       $-7.5       $-7.5  (apply over level5)

Level 7     Net Price                $60 (the sum of all levels)

Level 8     MWST       12%      $7.2 

Can you show us a idea of do you wish?

Regards!           

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

The calculation is as follows

Calculations as follows for this Business.

LIST Price = 1000

XYZ Discount = 12% of List Price = 120

Net Price = 880

Additional discount

Dist 1 = 5% of net price

Dist 2 = 2% of net price

Dist 3 = 2.5% of net price

Final Price = 880 - (Dist 1+Dist 2+ Dist 3)

Regards

ND

0 Kudos

Ok,

My apology, I say "level" and into the pricing procedure are called "step"

For example my pricing procedure could be:

Level 1     ZPR0                      $1000

Level 2     ZK01         12%      $-120 (apply over level1)

Level 3     Net Price                $880   (Level1+Level2)

Level 4     ZK02        5  %       $-44   (apply over Level3)

Level 5     ZK03          2%       $17.6  (apply over Level3)

Level 6     ZK03        2.5%      $22     (apply over Level3)

Level 7     FINAL PRICE        $796.4 (Sum of level 3 to level 6)

You need take a lot of care to don't affect and intervene in the current sum of levels, for that reason i suggest to use subtotals

When the "From" and "To" fields are empty, the system calculation are from the first step until the last step, of each step subsequently . for exemple on the image:  The Step 100 is result of:  Step 11 +13+20

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. Actually I am pretty new in pricing configuration, so your suggestion helps a lot.

Regards

ND

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another important consideration for defining different discounts is what accounting postings are expected for each specific business case and which fields in CO-PA you are expected to update.

Setting up sales order pricing according to the established business practices and fulfilling country legal requirements involves integration with different modules. It has a very big impact on the project implementation, so please ensure that your FI/CO colleagues are also involved in the design phase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.

The only part which I am worried abt is that, how the multiple discount will work at the same time. We need all the discount types working together and to have value calculated. Using exclusion is not possible in this scenario. We don't need the best discount, need all the discount. Cannot sum them up in single condition type as separate reporting is required for each of them.

Will have to check the same in sandbox.

ND

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ND,

First get full clarity about the business need in non-SAP terms, the implementation part is easy. Get to know the various scenarios,

- do you need to give a discount for a particular customer and material Or

- for a customer and material group (electronics) Or

- any customer who purchases a product, in this month. No discount next month

- different discount rates, depending upon volume of purchase by customer

- what amount you want to maintain in the credit account for customer

- are some discounts given only for some processes?

Test in sandbox and read the theory, a good book is TSCM62.

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ND,

SAP is built to "represent" your business in a system, therefore it works pretty much in the way a business would work. Several discounts condition types can be used, each with a different description, for a different business purpose. There are different possibilities for calculation of each.

I suggest you read the theory about SAP pricing, that way you will know if last condition type is chosen or not, and in what conditions. Condition technique is used widely in SAP and is also used in pricing.

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have as many different discounts as the business finds appropriate. In certain cases you may decide to define exclusions between different discounts and requirements to apply them though.

Please have a look at the standard procedure RVAA01 and try out some of the possibilities to understand how the standard conditions provided by SAP work. It is quite possible that you can reuse some of them.

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As nicely described by Veselina and TW Sir, In theory, this requirement can be somehow more clearer to provide solution in SAP. One main point which is "Condition Exclusion"  which could be used in this requirement to give best discount among the Discounted Condition Types and also prevents by not allowing multiple condition types which can give net value less than material cost. However,it's in Veselina's post also but just wanted to make it more visible.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Regards

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh

Thanks but we don't want to use the exclusion concept. All discount condition types should be working together and visible and calculated. I was just worried, how all the discount type will work. Am trying the same in sandbox to check the output.

ND

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niladri,

As per my understanding price should calculate as below:

Qty                                  1 EA

Price         ZPR0               1000 INR

Discount1  ZK07                40%

Discount2  ZKKK                60%

Tax            MWST              12%

Calculation

Discount1. 1000*40%=  400.               1000-400=600

Discount2  600*60%  = 360                 

Now 400+360=760 Given discount.

Price 1000 - 760 = 240 ( Net Output)

240*12% Tax = 28.80 ( Tax Output)

Please correct if I am wrong.

Regards

Kamlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamlesh

Calculations as follows for this Business.

LIST Price = 1000

XYZ Discount = 12% of List Price = 120

Net Price = 880

Additional discount

Dist 1 = 5% of net price

Dist 2 = 2% of net price

Dist 3 = 2.5% of net price

Final Price = 880 - (Dist 1+Dist 2+ Dist 3)

Regards

ND