Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC Security checks in ABAP Write Back BAdI

PankajVPatil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can you please guide me on how to perform SAP BPC Security checks in the ABAP write back (WB) badi ?

Is there any specific ABAP code I can use within the WB badi ?

Basically my requirement is to check the incoming data from the input schedules based on the BPC security setup in WB and in case this passes through, then perform some logics within the WB to post the data in the BPC model.

We are on BPC 10.1 classic over BW HANA.

Thanks,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Not exactly what you want but why not to perform calculations on the incoming values anyway and let the default write back to reject records based on security?

Vadim

PankajVPatil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Apologies I may not have provided the complete picture earlier.

So basically, within the WB, I need to post some sub-set of data in a different model.

Now the criteria is that if the authorizations from the triggering model are met for that set of data, only then post the sub-set in to the different model Else Skip the write back completely.

Thanks,

Pankaj

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but still not complete! Please provide a detailed scenario with members etc...

Vadim

PankajVPatil
Participant
0 Kudos

Vadim,

We are in the design phase. It would help if you can guide me on any indicators to assess the above situation.

I understand the scenario that I mentioned is not in detail but we are considering the above approach to get consistent data sets in multiple models via a single save back trigger from input schedule.

Thanks,

Pankaj

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Detailed business scenario required! Sorry, but unable to help.

Vadim

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

What Vadim is suggesting is to use your WB and it will return you records that didn't pass security checks. Does that satisfy your requirements?

If it doesn't please explain why.

Regards,

Gersh