cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Risk Analysis Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

I have configured GRC as a proof of concept (Full RM, PC, and AC) 10.1 latest SP.  I've implemented the Starter Kits for RM and PC to give the client an understanding of how these can be set up and this is all working fine.

I've configured AC as Vanilla SAP.  I've got a connector defined to a DEV system and everything is connected.

I've generated the rules and run all the sync jobs.

I have two tables GRACUSERACTVL and GRACUSERPRMVL which are empty and I think this may be the cause of my issue.

If I go to any of the Access Risk Analysis options and select my System (configured Connector say it's called DEVCLNT100) and then try and select the users or the roles or the profiles I get no results.

If I leave the system out - remove it from the search or leave it blank then I get all the results that I'm expecting (User, Roles etc).

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it isn't working if the system is defined?  Currently I've only got one system connected but we will be connecting multiple systems so I need to this to work.

I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Sonia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have managed to get to the bottom of my issue with a little help from DEBUG

Note 1660251 introduced code to make the Connector information case sensitive and convert it to uppercase.  The issue I had was that the basis team created the rfc connection as XXX_to_YYY and the "to" being lower case.  When doing the risk analysis and entering my connection, it was being converted to XXX_TO_YYY and the users/roles don't exist with that connection.

Parameter ID 1022 allows you to enter the connection directly - and you can have multiple entries which is a bonus and once that was done, the users and roles appeared in the search.  When multiple systems are connected you can then select accordingly provided you've maintained 1022 for the additional systems.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  It's just a reminder to check case sensitivity on fields!

Regards,

Sonia

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro and Baithi,

I have configured according to the SAP documents and I have activated the relevant rulesets.

My issue is specifically around the connector and I'm not sure where to check for the problem.

If I run the risk analysis and enter the system I get no results.  If I don't enter the system I get the results that I'm looking for.

On the analysis screen, if I enter the system then I can't see users or roles.  If I leave the system out, I can see users and roles and get results.

Obviously there is something missing like the link/table that connects the users and roles to the connectors but I'm not sure where to look.  I don't get any errors running the sync reports etc so not sure what's going on.

Regards,

Sonia

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sonia,

I recommend to check the following document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1564

Especially regarding your issue please check if the BC set GRAC_RA_RULESET_COMMON is activated.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sonia,

tables GRACUSERACTVL and GRACUSERPRMVL will be filled by generating ruleset

Did you activated all relevant BC sets like GRAC_RA_RULESET_SAP_R3

if not please activate rule sets and then re generate the rule set then check tables.

Regards

Baithi