cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to add a field to a report and running into issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal 2011. In Sage 100 2014, I want to add an extended description to Gross Requirement Report; in actuality, I probably should replace the short description with the extended one when available. As the extended description isn't included in the Bill of Materials table, I asked on the Sage boards for advice on how to do it. I created a UDF in Custom Office for Extended Description, made it a Business Object and used CI_Item and ExtendedDescriptionKey as the source, and updated the ODBC, per BigLouie at the Sage forums. I added CI_Item and CI_ExtendedDescription tables to the report using Database Expert, linked them, and then tried to add the ExtendedDescriptonText field to the report. The result is that what used to be a one-page report is now multiple pages; I'm not sure how many, as the generation of it hangs up every time. I even left it running overnight and it was still going in the morning. Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a good resource for learning the ins and outs of Crystal Reports? The PDF manual that our reseller provided doesn't seem to have instructions for doing what I am attempting--certainly not clear ones, anyway--and is written for Crystal 2011 and Sage 2013. The sample screen pics don't really match what I have.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a number a good Crystal books available on Amazon,   but they are all aimed at teaching you the concepts and processes need to use crystal and they will not be specific to your requirements.    You will have to learn to apply the concepts to fit your specific ERP package  ( Sage).

When you added the new Tables and linked it to the existing tables are you sure you linked it properly,   the correct parent table to the correct  child table in the correct direction using the correct key.        

what type of join did you use

The automatic join wizard doesn't always get it right.

Did you get a warning when you added the data elements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was told to use "left outer" join of the Extended Description Key. I don't recall getting any kind of warning when I added them.