cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in auto block of expire batch without QM active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I know from other threads in the site that expire batch can still be automatic blocked via T-code QA07 even the material is not active QM.

However, in my scenario, it seems doesn't work. Could you please help to check what's the problem here?

The mateiral is not active QM but active batch management. the process design is the material can be receved in "approved" (Unrestricted) status and when the batch expired, system can block it automatically.

we did below test:

1. Create an PO and perform GR via MIGO. the material is received successfully and a new batch X0004 is created. During GR, we manually input the manufacturing date and SLED/BBD as 14.10.2013 and 14.10.2015 (date of the testing day).

2. We then run T-code QA07 and input the material code, plant and batch. Since we didn't use QM for this material, we leave the second session for inspection lot blank. For third part for batch expiration checking, we input the initial run in days as 5 and have the block batch box checked. We then execute the programm and the system feedback message that "No entries found"

Do we miss any settings?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Fu Qiang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Qiang,

I do not see form your explanation that in your material master, inspection type '09' (Recurring Inspection) is active. This is absolutely must setup required to have inspection lots created, in order to post the stocks to blocked stock. Else, QA05/QA07 will not work. For more details, please check the SAP defined process as explained in the thread: QM - Recurring Inspection (type 09) | SCN

Now coming to your question, if you DO NOT want to activate inspection type "09" for your materials, but still wish to transfer material + Batch from 'Unrestricted' to 'Blocked' stock, you can try using -

MB1B + MvT 344 (344-Transfer posting blocked stock to unr.-use stock - reversal).

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijit,

thanks for your answer. you are right that I didn't maintain inspection type 09 for the material as because we don't manange this material in QM. there is no QM view in material master for the material.

so if I understand correctly, without QM, we can only block the material via MB1B maually? QA05/QA07 is only working in QM environment?

Thanks & regards

Fu Qiang

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Qiang,

Yes, that's true. If you are not linking QM inspection type with your material by extending the QM view, then the QM relevant transactions can't work as they are interlinked. So in that case you will need to manage the feature for 'Blocking' material/batch at MM/IM level as suggested earlier.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (0)