cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message flow monitor: Payload search for pass-through scenarios?

0 Kudos

Hello community,

I have a question regarding the message flow monitoring. There is an option to search for a value in the payload (eg a purchase order number) and identify the request and response for the same:

How does the system identify the messages containing the payload value?

• Does this require a UDS setup and structured data (XML)
  • or is it also working with pass through file->file scenarios without mappings?

Thank you for your feedback

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

I am inquiring about (Message flow monitoring) not the general message flow through the runtime. MFMon is using the integration visibility component and logs only the configured scenarios (I am not 100% sure) via events (I am not 100% sure). The normal runtime tables are not used when Solman queries the Integration visibility and fetches the flow data.

The question is still open: how does MFMon fetches paylaod values? Is it via UDS? Is it via an idexing mechanism in the integration visibility?

@community: Please also be so kind and help with reference links.

0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

maybe I wasn't clear. I want nto inquiry about the message flow monitoring not the UDS. However the MFMon might use UDS. You see the screenshot of MFMon above and the option of a payload search. How does this payload search work? UDS, a component in integration visibility, anything other?

This is to find out whether MFMon (not UDS!) is capable of handling non-XML messages and pass-through message flows with "dummy" interfaces (non-ESR) and no mapping...

Thanks a  lot for further feedback

Mark

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

How UDS work?

Once we define which element to search in XML (using xpath). SAP PI will start indexing the messages. Something like this, PI will maintain an internal table with element name, it's value and message id.

When we search for a value of element using UDS, PI will search in that indexed internal table and give the message id.

Does message flow monitoring log pass-through scenarios?

Yes, all messages which flow through PI system are logged (message payload is persisted to database, processing steps are logged to database). This true for normal (with ESR objects) or pass-through messages (No mapping or no ESR objects).

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You would need at least a structured XML associated to the service interfaces or to search in PI message header values like the sender service (Configuring User-Defined Message Search - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library). You should think the PI needs a XML, it can't search in a flat structure.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

UDS is content based Search you need XML. I doubt whether you can use it for by pass scenario.

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50601