Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Credit note raised to customer using dunning

former_member195434
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the possibility of raising a debit note to customer automatically through dunning procedure?

We can charge interest to customer based on late payment, but can we also raise debit note through the same process?

Any suggestion appreciated.

BR

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

In SAP standards, Dunning is for only correspondence and will not make any FI posting.

Best Regards,

Chirag Panchal

former_member195434
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then how does the interest amount from dunning configurations get posted?

BR

Abhinav

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As mention, it is calculated and can be printed on the dunning notice but cannot be posted in standard.

BR

Th.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant

Hi Abhinav,

Chirag is right, dunning program can calculate and print dunning interests and charges but cannot post them in standard.

Either you rely on the interest calculation program to post interests or you consider using BTE 1070 or 1071 to enhance te standard.

Good luck

Thomas

former_member195434
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

How to utilize the interest calculation program for accounts receivable per customer?

Is it possible to generate debit/credit note automatically through this?

BR

Abhi

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant

Hi Abhinav,

Interest calculation program can calculate and post customers interest on arrears, creating additional open items (debit memos) on customers accounts. Dunning program can only calculate interests with the purpose of printing them on the dunning notice but cannot post them.

I you need both (interest printing on dunning notice and posting) you need to run both processes (dunning and interest calculation) in parallel with the same parameters.

Customizing of interest calculation program is fairly straightforward, please refer to standard documentation here or search if a technical document is existing on SCN on that topic.

If not I can provide you with the basics.

Good luck

Th.