cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BreakDown Maintenance Spare Parts Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a situation in which  a Machine is  Breakdown, On analyzing the problem we observed that one small component is damaged and need to replace. Kindly help me on this.

What i did I raised the notification, Mention the reason and maintain the damage and case code and Release the notificatiion.

Create Order with reference to the Notification. and Order is release.

My Confusion

I think we need to dismantle the component which is damaged in the machine(Equipment) and Issue to scarp storage location and we need to issue (MIGO) the similar parts and install on the machine(Equipment), Is it Right experts? If it is right then what data should i need to maintain like, do that component should be maintain as component in the equipment BOM?

Thanks in Advance

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas.

Replying to your Last paragraph:

What we are speaking here in about the things you do in the system for your situation. (Not about the things you do while repairs on the shop floor).

• Let's suppose that the small spare part you are talking about is a Bearing.
  • You need not do anything like Dismantling-Installing etc in the system, if this bearing is not listed in your system.
  • Dismantling-Installing is relevant only when it is Serialized material and mapped as Equipment.
  • If it is not so and it is a component in some BOM, then too you need not do any changes to this BOM.
  • In the BOM case, only thing you need to do is to mention this Bearing in the Components tab of the Order you create for the repairs.
  • This gives you a Reservation number in the Components tab.
  • You will then consume this through MIGO by specifying the Reservation no. with mvttyp 261.

Scrap

• What you do actually to scrap-materials in the system is entirely different issue.
  • There will be different practices in different Organizations based on the material of scrap (Ferrous, Non Ferrous etc).
  • Few Organizations Recycle them if it is a  metallurgical process, otherwise they auction as scrap..
  • This does not fall in PM space, but is an activity of Disposal related to MM and Finance.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Sir !!!

Okay DisMantle/Installation thing comes in Picture when the material is serialized and maintain as Equipment.

Like the Bearing is damage in the machine(Equipment) and believe it is not that costly item but client want to have a track of the damaged material, that why thinking of tracking of the damaged material(Thinking of making this damaged material as serialized equipment so we can do dismantle and Installation on the Machine) .

Since bearing is not serialized so cant come in dismantling and installation Picture.

Yes that is correct that if it is already in BOm then it only felicitate that it will appear as Component in Order

We can issue Bearing( material) from store and make machine okay, But Please tell me about the damaged material which we took out from Machine, What should i do and show in the system that it is damaged material and if possible  we can tell that it is come out of this machine.

And Sir tell me what generally Industry do in such cases.

Thanks and Regards

Vikas

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

• If you have gone through the previous reply well, you'd notice that I have already covered about  'What industries usually do' . To further detail this, I'll explain, they collect all these Damaged Bearings in a Bin and auction as scrap time to time. (Often they ensure non-reusability of such spares by damaging further before auction as scrap).

• In a very unusual way if you want to see all these low cost damaged spares also in system, then you can have a Functional Location for Damaged spares, maintain these materials as F/Locn BOM here and go on updating the Quantities whenever some damaged spare is generated out of repairs.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.........contd

One thing I forgot to cover about your requirement. i.e., you want to maintain records of which Bearing coma from where and on what date etc. If this is your requirement, you can very well maintain this in an excel sheet (one each per component) create a DIR in DMS and attach this in the Component detail tab at the place shown here.

And you will update this excel sheet whenever there are changes.

Another option is:

You may decide to maintain these excel sheets outside SAP also. Means you will maintain/update only Quantities in the system (in BOM), and the related details outside the system.

Someone might suggest you to use GOS also to attach these proposed excel sheets. But here some constraints are there. You need to activate GOS for tcodes IB11/12/13 F/Loc BOM, which is an ABAPers job, Also updating of files attached in GOS is tedious. (First download, update and re-attach) So this is not recommended. (GOS means the icon you see at the top for few transactions like IE03 etc).

So, in SAP there are straight or work-around solutions for every issue. Sometimes we need to take extra pains for fulfilling our needs. It is upto us to decide whether we should go for a solution or not, depending upon the essentially of our requirement. If you have some more doubts you may query.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao