Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to rename a GAF mainstep

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

Shortly; I have to rename one of the four steps of the Sourcing Cockpit application in a SAP SRM 7.03 system.

The standard configuration used by the system is /SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_DO_SOCO_GAF .
Accessing the configuration by means of the component configurator, I can clearly see the four steps with their labels.

I tried to do as follows:

1. I created an enhancement of that configuration, in which I basically changed the STEP 2 description, from "Assign Sources of Supply (No Items)" to my desired label, e.g. "Work Area". Then I saved the enhancement but no changes are reflected in the sourcing cockpit application (still "Assign Sources of Supply" ).
  2. I created a new WDCC, let's say Z_SOCO_GAF, by copying the original /SAPSRM/WDCC_FPM_DO_SOCO_GAF configuration.
    Then I modified the STEP 2 label exacly as I mentioned before.
    Lastly, I created an entry in table WDY_CONF_DELC in order to substitute the original configuration with my custom one.
    Again, I can't see any modification of that label in the sourcing cockpit application; however, right-clicking the GAF panel at runtime -> Technical Help I can clearly see that my custom configuration is in use:

What's the issue with the configuration, in your opinion? It seems that the GAF configuration is not considered when dealing with mainsteps names.

Thanks for your support!
Best regards,

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vaibhav_singh12
Participant
0 Kudos

There may be a possiblity that the texts are being set dynamically by code as well which is overriding all the enhancements you are doing, again I may be wrong, you can also dynamically change the text via code.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
I tried debugging a bit but was unable to understand where these strings come from... It was also my first thought, even though if this is the case, then I'd expect to find something on the web or in a SAP note...

Unfortunately, it seems noone in the world has the requirement to modify the label of a mainstep in SAP SRM's Sourcing Cockpit....

vaibhav_singh12
Participant
0 Kudos

Put a breakpoint at start of application then check the following:

CL_FPM=>GO_INSTANCE

Attribute MO_FLOORPLAN (Type CL_FPM_GAF_INTERNAL)

Then in that MO_VARIANT_ELEMENT and then child nodes; keep checking the child nodes until you find your step name, change it and put a watch point on it to see where it changes.

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

EDIT:

tried to follow the approach that you described, found the string for the mainstep label and it's exactly the string I inserted in my WDCC.

However, I'm not able to set a watchpoint on the variable... it is {A:289*\TYPE=%_T00003S00000028O0000009636}[2]-NAME, but when I try to set a watchpoint on it the system gives me some errors.

Thanks again.

M.

vaibhav_singh12
Participant
0 Kudos

Thats wierd I am able to put watchpoint, try the steps below to create watchpoint and see if you can then:

Regards

Vaibhav

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I found anyway where the problem is... even though I don't know how to solve

During the SOCO loading phase, the method  UPDATE_CONTEXT from class CL_FPM_GAF is triggered:

is_changed_by_app_cc( IMPORTING ed_changed = lv_changed_by_app_cc

es_flags   = ls_flags ).

IF lv_changed_by_app_cc = abap_false. "No changes => bye

IF NOT ls_flags IS INITIAL.

* in case variant has changed - no context update necessary but change flags have to

* be resetted as well

initialize( ).

lv_changed_by_app_cc is set ti abap_true, and the flag related to the label is marked with an 'X'.

The initialize( ) method restores the original label instead of my custom one.

Actually, I'm thinking the best way to accomplish the task is to modify the standard label... but I wasn't able to understand where these mainsteps labels are located.

I tried almost everything: substitute the WDCC with a custom one, substitute the WDAC with a custom one, even modify the standard WDCC... Nothing. Still "Assign Sources of Supply (no items)" label is present in MAINSTEP_2.

vaibhav_singh12
Participant
0 Kudos

Follow the code may be SRM has some sort of configuration maintained for the same, or check if you can trigger some method and change the parameter to bypass the check. Just a suggestion, cannot be sure unless I can access the codes.

Answers (0)