cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US 1099 and 1042-S for tax year 2015

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I come to share with you that the following notes were launched carrying the legal changes for 1099 and 1042-S forms relevant for tax year 2015:

2227185 - US Legal Change 2015 - 1099 and 1042 Smartforms and Adobe Forms

2227186 - US Legal Change 2015 - 1099 and 1042 Smartforms and Adobe Forms

The notes contain the same content, the difference is that each note is relevant for certain support package versions. Note 2227185 is relevant for release 600 and above and note 2227186 is relevant for releases 470 and 500.

Regards,

Ester

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Ester,

I am applying note 1099 in 4.7  and  in the smartforms  IDWTCERT_US_1042S  these  structure are missing FIWTUS_INT_1042S ,FIWTUS_1042S_CL  and IDWTFIDOC some  field IDWTCOMPCD some  field .

Please  help me on this  from  where i  will  got the  missing  field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjiv and Bhanu,

its good to know that I am not the only one in such situation.

I would like to share the way I solved this problem

The pre requisite notes are definitely needed I tried without them but got a error because new form for 2015 uses the fields which were added in those previous notes for 2014.

But we don't have to implement all the notes most of the notes have changes for 1099 as well as 1042 in same note.

We are using only 1099 and not 1042 so I implemented only the parts of the notes for 1099 form.

There are manual changes in structures in these notes and I did those manual changes only for form 1099 and it worked.

This is what I did:

1 - Imported images and smartforms for 1099 as per NOTE - 2227185

2 - did table definition change for IDWTPARTNERADD_US  NOTE 2227185

3 - applied SAP note 2094639.

Regards,

Parag

sanjivag
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Thanks for the reply.

How did you manage to apply part of an OSS note which pertain to 1099?  When you use SNOTE transaction, doesn't it apply entire corrections contained in the OSS note?

Thanks

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjiv,

For autocorrection notes we have to apply it fully, when I said I applied part pertaining only to 1099 it was for the manual steps for table definitions.

I already mentioned all the steps I did in my previous reply. Steps 1,2 are manual so did them only for 1099. Step three has auto correction note so applied that completely.

The Auto correction Notes change the code for smartforms so I don't mind them changing code for 1042 form as well since we are not using it anyway.

But I didn't wanted to do any manual changes with structures for 1042 as that structure is used at lot of other places too in our system and might have affected those other programs.

I hope that solves your doubts, reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Parag

sanjivag
Explorer
0 Kudos

Parag,

Thanks.

It is very helpful

Sanjiv

manuela_valente2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you are implementing the note 2227185 or 2221786 and you have an issue with structure IDWTCOMPCD, please read the KBA for solution:

2237026 - Missing fields in structure IDWTCOMPCD doing implementation of note 2227185

Regards,

Manuela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all experts,

Is it necessary to implement the notes for previous years for this forms before implementing note - 2227185?

Our system is missing notes for year 2014, and now I want to implement the changes for year 2015. Can I directly implement 2227185 or do I have to find and implement all relevant notes for previous year before I can implement it?

Thanks in advance.

Parag

sanjivag
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I have found during implementation of note 2227185 using SNOTE that there are quite a few OSS notes which are proposed and need to be applied before this note can be imported. Most of the prerequisite OSS notes are related to 1042 and other forms. If I am using only form 1099-MISC,

do I still need to apply other notes? It seems like you cannot override the prerequisite OSS notes in SNOTE. Is this correct?  Any advices will be helpful.

Thanks

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the same situation , there are couple of SAP Notes which are pre-req to 2227185 and all of them belong to 2014.

Looks like the form also comes with code correction which can't be added unless we implement the pre-req.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Parag,

I am applying note 1099 in 4.7  and  in my smartforms these  structure are missing FIWTUS_INT_1042S ,FIWTUS_1042S_CL  and IDWTFIDOC some  field IDWTCOMPCD some  field .

Please  help me on this  from  where i  will  got the  missing  field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check note 2112649 to add the data elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

also note 2117915 may be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Since you are at much lower version you might be missing many changes which happened in 1099 and 1042 after 4.7 version.

All the structural changes that you need are in series of SAP notes since they were made one after the another. Please read Note 2117915 and check perquisites section. go to the notes mentioned as pre requisites and check pre-requisites for those notes. Follow this same process until you reach note for Version 4.7 . Once you have backtracked till there apply all those notes in sequence.

Also have look at note 2095167, this Note provides a custom program by SAP which can do lots of structural changes required for 1042 automatically, but be careful with this program. Since this program automatically changes lots of structures and those structures are standard structures if any undesired change is performed reverting it back can be a headache. fortunately this program has a test mode.

All the structural changes are manual changes. I personally feel manually making changes in better than the program.

Thanks, Parag