cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer from MSSQL-DB to BW 7.4 on Hana which is on ORACLE DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have a big problem and will be very thankful for any hint on my question !!

As it is written in the Headline I want to transfer data from an MSSQL Database to SAP BW 7.4 on HANA which underlying database is an ORACLE database. Do you know any way, how this can be done, without having huge affords developing a connector? As far as I know the data transfer via DB connect only works from SQL to SAP BW if the underlying database is a MS or a Linux Server but not if it is ORACLE.

Please help! Any idea will lead to ongoing thankfulness .

Cheers

Moritz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>>As it is written in the Headline I want to transfer data from an MSSQL Database to SAP BW 7.4 on HANA which underlying database is an ORACLE database<<

BW on HANA and Oracle? How is that possible?

If you want to get data from MSSQL to Oracle then you can either use DBConnect or UDConnect.

For DBConnect you need to install MSSQL client and DBSL file on the SAP system.

For UDConnect you need a J2EE stack. You create JDBC connection in the J2EE stack to the MSSQL database. You will need to deploy the JDBC drivers for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for answering so late. The one who gave me the Task couldn't answer me this question.

So i guess, you are right. It should be a BW on an hana database now.

Best regards

Moritz

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hi,

There is something wrong on your explanation.

Please read it and explain

Moritz Krastensen wrote:

As it is written in the Headline I want to transfer data from an MSSQL Database to SAP BW 7.4 on HANA which underlying database is an ORACLE database....

you want to transfer something, somehow to a SAP BW 7.4 system. The destination is the only "clear" thing here.

But you say that the BW is on HANA and the DB is ORACLE

sorry, if the BW is on HANA, then it is not in Oracle. One or the other.