Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplemental UOM

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on a coding project to remove custom development and go back to GTS standard as much as possible.  I found some code in BADI /SAPSLL/CUHD_PROP in the ITEM_DATA_PROPOSE method.  It revises the document for the supplemental UOM and converts the quantity as required.

However, I think this is handled by GTS as standard functionality. I looked in OSS to find any documentation or OSS notes. Only notes regarding US ACE were found..

So my question to the group is... does GTS handle supplemental UOM for customs management for all legal regulations as standard functionality or is this customs development that I found in this BADI still required?

Please let me know your thoughts and insights.

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

As Assen says, it's all standard stuff.  But for it to work properly, you need to make sure that the necessary UoM conversions are in place:

• For your products - for example, if you're dealing in bottles of wine, the relationship between "bottle" and litres must be maintained in ERP table MARM.

• For your units - for example, if your country needs a declaration in 'LTR' for that wine, the relationship between 'LTR' and 'L' must be maintained in the UoM scheme in GTS.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

lozanov-a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

supplementary units of measure are standard GTS.

They are uploaded with the HS codes provided by the

data provider according to the specific Cuatoms

requirements.

kind regards

Assen

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Assen,

Excellent... do you know if GTS also handles the EU requirements as well for supplemental UOM for the country where the material is located for exports?