cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we need HANA for SAP Fiori Analytical Apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There have been many documents and even SAP documents say For Fiori Fact Sheets and Analytical Apps there has to be HANA installed in customer landscape.

My question is why can't we use these Analytical and Fact sheet apps on top of SAP BI/BW?

Please give me the reasons why we have to go for HANA though the customer already has SAP BI/BW?

Best regards,

Jashua

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jashua;

Architecture of SAP Fiori analytical application will make it very clear why SAP HANA is required.

UI client directly interact with HANA XS engine for analytical data.  Now HANA XS engine can be deployed on SAP HANA DB only.

Please see the architecture on the below link.

http://2rbcta1kwz913go1r22rjds1820.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/SAP_Fiori_UX_Architecture_Overview....

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarabjeet,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I went through these documents and noticed that the Analytical apps can only be launched in HANA XS engine which again can be deployed on HANA database.

My main question is "Why these Fiori apps cannot be deployed on Simple Gateway as the Transactional APPs"?  What is the technical reason for these apps must be deployed on XS Server?

I read many blogs and whitepapers but I am not getting this information anywhere.

Would you please throw some light on this point?

Thanks and regards,

Jashua

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jasua;

SAP has designed the applications like that.

Any standard analytical application will make a call for odata service to HANA XS engine which eventually fetched the data using Virtual data models. It provides the required data at a much faster speed than if the call would have gone through SAP NetWeaver Gateway system.

So I guess  to make it faster SAP is using this design.

However if you want to develop some application based on query in BI/BW, you have a provision to expose this as Odata service.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarabjeet,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to know if there is any possibility to deploy the Fiori Analytical Apps on SAP BI. 

I know it is possible to build a Fiori App from BI Query.  Is there any possibility to reuse the Analytical App(may be Front-end and Gateway Components) and connect it with SAP BI.

Best regards,

Jashua

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jashua;

It is not possible to use the standard analytical application without OData services coming from HANA XS eninge.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarbjeet,

Would you please let me know the difference between any other oData service and HANA XS oData Service?

Thanks and regards,

Jashua

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

both are OData services so technically have same behavior.

only thing is one is hosted on HANA XS engine.More details about the same.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

GQ2
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GQ2
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.