cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter a cal view with a range value i.e Year 2012-2014 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Below is my Data Model

and below is my Cal View

I have created a cal column in my Analytic (Projection 1) view called "Cal Year" as my base fact table does not have "Cal Year",

Now I have created a input parameter on the semantics of my Cal View and in my Project 2, I have applied a

filter on "Cal Year" (PS: I have created projection 2 so that I could apply filter on my calculated column).

Now, When I execute my query on my Multi Provider I get a input screen and I'm able to filter the data set as per cal year.. and it's working fine.

Now, I want the user to be able to choose a range i.e for example (2012 - 2015)

any suggestions please ?

Thanks,

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Two input parameters, FROM and TO.

Apply the filter BETWEEN or a >= FROM and <= TO.

Evaluate performing a join to a date dimension to derive the YEAR as opposed to a calculated column. Applying a filter to a calculated column can be expensive as you need to generate the YEAR for every row in the table and then apply the filter.

Regards,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate your suggestion.

Now, if I use 2 i/p parameters, then how do I pass them from my BEx Query?

Below is my thinking:

1. Drag 0Calyear into the filters of my query

2. Restrict 0Calyear with a variable (interval variable)

Kind Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks and I appreciate your suggestion.

I have created 2 i/p parameters on my HANA Cal View and in the Projection of my HANA cal view, I have

set a filter on 0Calyear (i.e btw ip1 and ip2).

In my BEx query I have created 2 manual entry variables with ref char 0calyear and was able pass the user

values smoothly through to my HANA Cal view.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ashwin,

jundging on your screenshots I do not see why use HANA modelling. Enriching the data in BW (time dimension derivation in the transformation to DSO) is a go-for solution in this case.

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

We are trying to achieve data virtualization with this approach and to reduce the data footprint in the system especially for the year specific cubes.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

By reading one dimension in BW data footprint (is modeled well) will not be measurably impacted. Introduction of additional steps in HANA modelling definitely will, both performance- and support effort-wise.

former_member200930
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please replace your input parameters with Filters option.  It will work for Range.

- Vikram