cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between of R/3 and LO extractions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one please explain where we use R3 extractions and LO extractions.

I know that LO is in R3 extractions but in which scenario we use the R3 (Generaic and Application specific Data Extractions) and LO(full and delta extractions) extractions at Real time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

R3 and LO extractor both are same except for delta Queue .

LO  SM13 - > LBWQ -> RSA7

R3 SM13 -> RSA7

In a larger system updating delta queues slows down the OLTP system, in order to avoid this LO cockpit was introduced.

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shakthi Raj,

I think like this:

In R3 we create our custom Data Source with predefined Columns, while in LO the Data Sources are predefined i.e., the structure of required module like SD, FIN, MM etc was already created in SAP tables that means the LO (Logistic Extraction) supports for all Logistic modules which are having 74000+ predefined tables. So the Data source, tables and Columns maps to be Structure which is easy for developer to create his required Data Sources by using Predefined DS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

The difference you have explained is between standard and generic data source. Even in standard data source you can append the structure to add more fields. 

Generic data source is created when the requirement is unique to a specific client ( based on a table or view, info set or function module ) and standard data source are created on a global industrial standards. In standard data source you can append the structure to add more fields. 

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

R3 and LO capable of both full and Delta, only IP initialization  process differ and setup tables have to filled for LO extractors.

Thanks,

Shakthi Raj Natarajan