cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK40N released as standard price, the exchange rate of Hard currency not as expected??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We used CK40N to run the “costing run” and released as standard price, every step works fine but the exchange rate of “hard currency” is not as we expected, we expected the exchange rate should be M rate of the period of “Costing Run Date” but it was the previous period.

For example:

CK40N:  Costing Date From date / Valuation Date is 1st Oct 2015.

We expected the exchange rate of Hard currency (USD) should be “M” rate of 1st Oct 2015, but in MM03 the exchange rate of Hard currency is 1st Sep. 2015.

And we also checked the CK13N, all of the source price from info record were converted correctly ( exchange rate 1st Oct 2015), only the released exchange rate is not the same??!!

Is this the standard system behavior or anything we have to set up??

Thanks for any reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateo,

in standard costing (legal valuation view) you have prices in company code currency and (if the CCS in CO area currency is stored) also in CO area currency.

When marking is done system writes the calculated prices into all currencies of this valuation view

in material master. If your hard currency USD is different to the two currencies in the cost estimate then system will do a currency conversion based on settings in FI and the current date (date of marking).

Regards,
  Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, thanks your reply.

Hi Johannes,

Thank you. and just make sure, In my case, if we do the "Marking" (CK40N) on 1st Oct 2015, the exchange rate of Standard price (MM03) would be the date of 1st Oct 2015, right?

or is any way? I can set up the default date of "Marking" date ? I have tried the OKKN and cannot find the setting in "costing variants"

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Mateo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateo,

yes, you are right. When marking is done, system user the current date (of user's time zone) for the currency conversion. This is hard-coded and cannot be set/customized.

Best regards,

Johannes

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Check in CO area version settings what exchange type you have maintained in planning?

It should be M

Kamal