cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to use Java API to get document details and formatting in 4.0 and 4.1 api

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am  trying to open document from report engine in BI 4.0 and BI 4.1 using Java API. its throwing communication exception as shown below

com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.CommunicationException: Cannot initialize Report Engine server. (Error: RWI 00226)

Question :

1.) We can use Java api for BI 4.0 and BI 4.1  or we must use Restful web service only??

while using  Restful web services. i am able to login and get document details and properties but i am unable to use specification url ( {url}/raylight/v1/documents/" {document_id} "/reports/{report_id}/specification ). i am getting following error code while using this url

<error_code>RWS 00058</error_code>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lulu,

RESTful webservices are definitively the best choice.

Please could you try to activate the option "show error stack trace" in CMC to get more details?

Can you open the document properly in BILaunchPad?

Regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I need to Know whether java API will support open document as in BI 3.0 java API ?

can u provide me the path to activate the option show error stack trace ??

document is properly opening in BI launch pad

Regards,

Lulu

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lulu,

I haven't more knowledge about java API...

About "show error stack trace", you can see it through CMC > Servers > WACS (Web Application Container Server) > Properties. There is a checkbox there.

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks anthony, i am looking for java API to opend report in BI 4.0 and 4.1

i found the issue while using "/specification" Accept header should be "text/xml"

Now its working fine.

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome