cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To authenticate ODATA services in SAP gateway server via Key (not user id and pwd)

mohamed_shabir
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a standalone Android and IOS app designed and installed in mobile device. I have a requirement now to hit SAP gateway server for fetching records using Odata, and the authentication with gateway Odata  should happen by passing key generated during registration of user. We don't want to use traditional method of sending user id and password.

So, the flow is like this

1. first time. user enters user id, password, and Secret key (Soft Token). register the user with Key. Server Stores this key for authentication and will remain constant.

2. Next time, user should only use the key and not user id and password. The server should be authenticate to registered user based on this key in gateway server to fetch record via odata.

Please note, this is a standalone application installed in Mobile device, and not fiori browser based.

It would greatly help if you can kindly advice on how to use Key for authentication process. 

Thanks in Advance.

-Shabir Rahim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabir,

I am not sure whether this is possible in your case.

Since you are using a Odata to communicate, you should be using HTTP requests. You need to check what is possible with these requests. Odata is an open standard.

If you are using a third party solution for soft tokens, you might get a library to add to your mobile app project to support such scenarios.

If you use SMP or HCPms there are in built standard security mechanisms - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp308svr/helpdata/en/7c/2f1b0770061014980f88650f442ca1/content.htm

Regards, Midhun

SAP Technology RIG