cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Sap Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anybody know if and how it is possible to restrict authorizations on organizational levels in solution manager? For instance: The team in the Netherlands may only list the messages directed to the Netherlands where the messages directed to the US team may only be displayed by the US employees.

Until now I have only found the option to restrict displaying to your own created messages (role sap_suppdesk_display)

Saskia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Saskia,

There is a way to limit the ability of individuals to see only the Support Messages that are assigned to them or their support team?

So which means members of your US team can only see the messages assigned to them and members of Netherlands team can only see messages assigned to them or their team.

This should satify your requirement..

I assume your organization sturcture is configured appropiatately..

Follow these Guidelines:

Define selection variants, which can then be stored in a transaction. These transactions can in turn be assigned to roles. You can create variants using the Selection Monitor (CRM_DNO_MONITOR).

***Define the criteria in the Transaction Monitor, and choose from the menu:

Goto-> Variants -> Save as variant. ***

There are two ways to assign the variants to a transaction:

1)Using Transaction SE93:

• Create a new transaction code

• Select the transaction with parameters (parameter transaction)

• Specify the transaction field, enter "Start_Report" and set "Skip entry screen"

• For GUI support, select all options

• Specify the following parameters:

• D_SREPOVARI-REPORT = CRM_DNO_SERVICE_MONITOR

• D_SREPOVARI-VARIANT = Name of the previously created variant

• D_SREPOVARI-NOSELSCRN = "X"

2) Using Transaction PFCG: Select the role. On the "Menu“ tab for the role, select "Insert report“. In the dislog box, select the report type’ABAP Report’ and specify the report CRM_DNO_SERVICE_MONITOR. Select the desired variant and set the option ’Skip selection screen’.

Set all the options for GUI support.

<b>Please Reward points for usefull answer.</b>

PLease revert for any clarifications.

Regards,

Suzanne.

Message was edited by:

Suzzane Dsouza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suzanne,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately our technical consultant isn't very happy with the solution to create variants.

Is there really no other option to restrict authorizations on teams?

I already tried to assign the business partner to the ibase component in transaction IB52 in combination with restricting roles to the ibase component with the authorization objects b_notif_ib and ib_ibase. Untill now this isn't working the way it should.

Regards,

Saskia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suzzane,

how do you stop someone from browsing for messages in CRMD_ORDER though? They can still open the items directly from here.

I have this same requirement and would like to know if anyone has been able to accomplish this task.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saskia,

I had tried all possibilites, Creating Transaction Variants is the only solution..

Regardiong the Ibase problems,

plz refer these notes:

Note 920734 - Corporate message: Authorization check

1038050 - Missing authorization check on IBase component

Reward if this was usefull.

Well Jason,

I know that the solution i had provided cannot help anybody..

However this is standard SAP Procedure\Solution.

I had found a solution for it..

Answer is tocde SHD0..

Create Transaction variants.. This Transaction variants in turn have screen variants..

And Assign this variants to user..

i request you to create a new thread wherein i can give inputs as to how i accomplished it..

Regards,

Suzzane..

Message was edited by:

Suzzane Dsouza

Message was edited by:

Suzzane Dsouza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Suzzane,

Can we use the authorization between the solution created in the same Solman Client.

I mean, if we have 2 solution, then we assign authorization to the user,so the user assigned to its solution restricted to other solution.

thanks