cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Server for BIPLATFM installation on BO server or not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We already have a SAP Business Objects 4.1 landscape and we want to install a SAP Lumira Server for BIPLATFM landscape and

when checking the installation it seems that this installation needs to be done on the server where SAP BO is installed.

Is this correct ? Or is it possible to separate these landscapes which is the solution that we prefer.

Can you help me with this please ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Marc Cockmartin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think this document would be of use to help you architect your solution :

one of the core messages is:

To avoid the user load impacting other BI platform workflows, it is recommended that the Lumira, Server for BI platform runs on dedicated hardware resources according to the configurations outlined in the table above.

so it is a server-side  Add-On to the BIPlatform 4.1.x, which can be extended into an existing landscape by adding a dedicated Lumira server host/node .

Regards,

H

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I started the installation but it seems that BI Platform is checked and not found on my system which is correct since it is on another server.

What do i have to do to start the installation ?

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx guys for the clarification !

Marc Cockmartin.

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be helpful

Deploying Lumira Server for BI Platform on Non ... | SCN

Regards,

Ashutosh

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I forgot to add: the solution is Windows only at this time, but with BIPlatform you can have heterogeneous landscapes (so you can mix-up windows and unix, if you need )