cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot not generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm having a material batch posted to QI stock without an inspection lot. As I found out the reason for this is , no inspection types are activated for the material as of now. However QM has been activated for the material at the time PO(Purchase Order) is raised.

Now the stock can't be transfer posted using MB1B-321 movement type

I have created an inspection lot manually using QA01 (inspection lot origin 01) and attach the relevant batch. After giving the UD this inspection lot is getting released but stock does not transferred in to unrestricted.

Appreciate your ideas on this. Thanks is advanced.

Jeewana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Creation of manual inspection lot through QA01 will not serve any purpose here as manual lots do not have any link to the stocks in QI.

From the the error which you are getting I still think that you should be having some inspection lot open otherwise system would have allowed you to transfer using MB1B 321 movement. Could you please recheck using QVM2 transaction code if there exists any open inspection lot with status SPRQ or SPST? If yes then post the stock against this lot.

If you don't get any results in above step then check if you have activated 01 or any other inspection type in material master now? Try deactivating it and then again try to perform 321 using MB1B.

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just an FYI - This was reported as abuse for failure to search.. it is a pretty basic question and osme research and testing probably should have resolved this.   But there were already replies on it and I figured I'd let it stand for now.

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeewana,

Kindly check whether the Inspection Type (08-FG Stock Transfer) is active in material master, if not first activate it and try to transfer using MB1B, with movement type 321.

After material movement you check the lot in Insp. lot origin-08 and do the RR and UD.

Note: for RR you need to create Inspection plan usage-09 (material check) but it is optional.

Hope this will help.

BR

S Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Standard SAP gives the message "Change the inspection stock of material in QM only, Message No: QA495 " when trying transfer post QI stock using MB1B.

Your idea is , above is possible after activating the inspection type 08 ?