cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira exporting just white PDF pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have some problems exporting my lumira story to PDF.

All 3 of 4 pages (except the dataset filter page) are white. I used default charts and graphomote charts in this story.

My setup:

• Windows 8.1 (64bit)
  • Lumira 1.28.4 (64bit) - personal edition
    • Build: 80
  • Acrobat Reader
  • Default Windows PDF-Reader

I observed this issue in previews Versions as well.

Any ideas, how i can solve this problem?

Best regards

Sebastian Mende

Reference discussion: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3794277

Some Pictures

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

We have the same issue with the extension we developped.

Your problem is 95% sure linked to the fact you are using a custom extension that extends a div as main container, and for real, just the fact to install the extension even if you are not using it breaks the pdf export.

We have worked close to SAP dev team, they are aware of the problem but I have no news for the moment that would say this will be fixed any time soon.

Br,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

thank you for your answer. You are right. I deinstalled all my custom extensions and just use the SAP charts. The export now works for me:

I hope that SAP can fix this issue.

Best regards,

Sebastian

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent

Would yo be able to tell me who in Dev you are working with? I find that some extensions do work, others do not. But it would be good to know whom you are working with so that I can find out future steps / ETA to resolution.

Many thanks

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'd rather send you this through private message, follow me as connection on SCN so I'll be able to send you a direct message.

Br,

Vincent

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dallas_marks
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The PDF export issue still affects the most recent version of Lumira, version 1.31. As has been written earlier, there isn't a workaround for many of the Lumira extensions (the Galigeo extensions just being one example) other than to remove them, so this question is incorrectly labeled as "answered".

Can somebody from SAP provide an update? Will the issue be patched in 2016 or not until Lumira 2.0 is released next year?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dallas,

Lumira stories that contain standard chart types should export correctly. If you face an issue with this, please let us know the details.

It is a known limitation that custom visualization extensions are not exported. The work around is to create the viz in the Visualization Room, save a screen shot locally and import that into your story in the Compose Room, as an image. Yes, I agree that that's not very satisfying.

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Gerrit.

Blank PDF issue is there from long time now. Even if you only use standard charts in a story, but have installed a custom extension (like Galigeo one amongst the other) without even using it, the produced PDF will be blank.

So there is definitively an issue right here.

Taken from our experience, we are aware that on our side (Galigeo), we will need to do something in order to have our extension exported - and we have already developed what will be needed, and the rest of the (standard) charts should be exported fine.

Some methods on the SDK are already there but are not called during a PDF export (when they should imo).

But there the issue is way deeper than that as I've mentionned.

Lumira team (Ramu and Ashok) are already aware of the problem, I've talked with them several times about it.

Br.

Vincent

thilo_kntzele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my company bi excellence is an SAP partner for export solutions. You can export from SAP BW BEx Web Reporting, Design Studio, ABAP - and also Lumira. Target formats are PDF, PPT, Word and Excel.

The basic principal is that we can export all content of the application, so there is no limitation on the types of charts you use. Everything is exported 1:1 as it was displayed on the screen, but of course you can also hide objects or change the full layout for the export.

This solution can also be used for Lumira.

There are certain restrictions still that are caused by limitations in the Lumira SDK, but hopefully SDK will be enhanced during Lumira / Designstudio convergence:

- Only the current page that you are viewing in COmpose view can be exported, to put all 4 pages into a PDF document you would have to go thorugh all pages, mark it for the export with one click, and then click on the export button to generate the document

- to exclude components you have to search for the technical IDs of the components

For more details visit www.designstudio-export.com. This is the official homepage for our export solution

All the best

tim_schauder
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I'm Tim from graphomate and would like to give you a short insight in how we experienced this issue.

We have worked with an SVG as root element of our visualisation and found out that blank pages in exported PDF only appear, if "refresh page on open" is selected for the exported story page.

Turning this option off results in a fully exported PDF file with viz extension charts.

So far we did not experience any effect on the Lumira default charts.

Maybe the refresh option is worth a try...

best regards

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

Many thanks for jumping in

I downloaded a Galigeo extension, but in my case, "refresh page on open" makes no difference. I have requested the Graphomate download giving three different email addresses but have not received the download link yet (I will DM you and if you can provide a download link to me there that would be excellent). It would be interesting to see if Galigeo and Graphomate are behaving differently.

I got the contact names from Vincent and I will be following up with what ever I find out on this issue and update this thread as we go.

- Ludek

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Visualization extensions are not supported in PDF export, however you should still get the default charts. Can you try that with sample ones just to confirm if this is a product bug?

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

i tried a new lumira story with just a default bar graph and cross table. The exported PDF file also shows just white pages.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Check weather you are using the free version of Lumira if so not able to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

as mentioned above, i use the free personal edition of lumira.

But my colleague uses the standard edition (licensed) and complained about the same issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think you can contact sap team rise a ticket to them and check your issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the free version and encountering the same problem as Sebastian. I do not think you are able to report an incident to SAP if you are using the free LUMIRA version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I said to contact SAP team since he said "But my colleague uses the standard edition (licensed) and complained about the same issues."

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls. could you expand a bit more about this graphomate chart?  is that a viz extension?

i wonder if that is related..

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes graphomote is a viz extension and i also think it is not related to the problem.

Infos about the extension: http://www.graphomate.com/produkte/graphomate-charts-lumira-free/