SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal email trigger settings with Availability Control - BCS

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a business requirement that system should trigger an internal email to Respective Department Heads (mentioned in Fund Center Master Data under User Name field) if budget exceeds 90% of tolerance limit.

Apart from this, business needs system to send an email to Budget Manager along with Department Heads so that he will also be aware of Budget consumption.

I have checked every node in customizing but not able to find any node which allows me to do so then i saw one (BADI: Define Mail Recipient for Availability Control Check)

Can anyone please guide me if it will work for my scenario and if yes, then what are the steps/prerequisites which should be discussed with Technical Resource so that he can implement the same?

In case, if this BADI will not perform the said function (email to Budget Manager & Department Head) then please guide me any solution to cater this requirement.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, BADI you mentioned could answer perfectly to your needs. AVC functionality will already trigger internal mail delivery with appropriate settings of tolerance profiles. But, if you want to enhance the recipients list, for example, you can use this BADI by implementing MODIFY_MAIL_RECIPIENTS method.

Regards,

Eli 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, BADI you mentioned could answer perfectly to your needs. AVC functionality will already trigger internal mail delivery with appropriate settings of tolerance profiles. But, if you want to enhance the recipients list, for example, you can use this BADI by implementing MODIFY_MAIL_RECIPIENTS method.

Regards,

Eli 

0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Eli for your quick guidance

Just need one more confirmation on my small confusion;

Do you mean without implementing the said BADI, system will normally send emails by default to users specified in Fund Center Master Data as soon as tolerance limit gets exceeded?

If yes, then this means that the said BADI is used to cater special email trigerring requirements like the one i have?

Please guide?

Regards,

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed. Without aforementioned BADI the system will nevertheless send the mail to the user specified in fund centre master data, if this setting is defined in tolerance profile. BADI is useful, for example, if you want to enhance the list of recipients.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Zain,

You are right.

In fact, SAP does not deliver any implementations of this BAdI. Its sole purpose is to define mail recipient for AVC checks. It only executes if you have maintained AVC tolerance profiles for which tolerance limits are defined with event "With internal mail (only

once)" or "With internal mail (repeatedly)".

So go ahead, cheers !

Regards,

Harsh

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks !