cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we reset password on Android with Afaria 7 SP5?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys!

I would like to know if we can reset password remotely on Android devices with Afaria 7 SP5?

I know that before, it existed the option to unclear the password for Android devices, but this option was hidden on the administration. Passcode reset - Afaria 7 SP5 | SCN

Right now, in Configuration Policy - Samsung SAFE - Password Policy, it exists the option Remote Reset, but this option only restart the devices, it does not reset the password.

What if the user forget the password? How we can reset the password without a hard reset on the device?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yurbelis,

Yes the administrator unlock was removed in Sp5 as there are a number of conditions where it was discovered that the admin unlock could cause a device to need a hard reset. By default, this is hidden in the current administrator. 

Tracy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your answer.

I understand why this option is hidden by default, but If I display the option Unlock-Clear Password and I use only Afaria as device administrator as Mirco Simoni said, I could use this option without problems, right?

It is hard to say a customer that they can not reset the password on a device but they have to do a hard reset. At least with this option, with certain conditions, they could reset the password.

Do you recommend to do this with that conditions?

Regards,

Yurbelis

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yubelis,

It is a dangerous option as a customer may install something like email that adds an administrator without your knowledge. 

Tracy

Answers (0)