Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of using HANA with Lumira besides performance

former_member355591
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

As we can see in the post:

And the SAP Note 2195103 - Certain SAP Lumira features are not supported in SAP Lumira Server for HANA and SAP Lumira Cloud says:

SAP Lumira, server version for SAP HANA and SAP Lumira Cloud are being retired and will no longer receive new feature investments.

Seems that the SAP Lumira, server version for BI Platform is the best option.

I would like to know which advantages can i get if I use SAP HANA with Lumira besides performance when I get data from online hana views, for example is there a new functionality or integration option?

Whats the difference of using Lumira with Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata or SAP HANA besides performance?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It takes an agnostic view of technology and offers the users the opportunity to connect to all existing Databases (e.g Oracle, Sybase, Teradata, etc.) via Freehand SQL, CSV and Excel files and also HANA sources and BO Universes.

But this is not all; the tool also offers the users the possibility to modify the data before using it for an analysis or Storyboard:

• Combine data from different sources into the same dataset
  • Cleanse, concatenate or divide fields directly in tool
  • Create own calculations (Formulas) on existing data
  • Time and Geography Hierarchies can be created in the tool based on Dates and Cities, Regions or Lands
former_member355591
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep, thanks for the answer.

What you're saying is the standard functionality of Lumira, I would like to know if there is a benefit to use SAP HANA with Lumira.

Regards

former_member355591
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Praddep,

Thanks for the links, but they don't apply since the SAP Note 2195103 - Certain SAP Lumira features are not supported in SAP Lumira Server for HANA and SAP Lumira Cloud says:

SAP Lumira, server version for SAP HANA and SAP Lumira Cloud are being retired and will no longer receive new feature investments.

These links are from dates before this sap note was released.

I'm asking which other benefits do i get of using SAP HANA with Lumira besides performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Ease of authentication

2. HANA live connection is supported in the Standard Edition

3. No need to install any drivers and configure, Lumira itself has inbuild driver to connect with HANA

4. Ease to access any unstructured data

Answers (0)