class; BIKES  defined

Characteristics : ( all are set)

TWCOLOUR

START

WHEEL

TYRES

BPRICE

BMODEL

i have to define dependency that when i select TWCOLOUR = RED , START= BUTTON START , WHEEL = MAC WHEEL WITH DISC BREAK, TYRES= MRF TYRE , BMODEL = CTZN then BPRICE  should automatically select 90000 using dependency.

Can you please guide how shall i write this dependency. please provide me in details

Br

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many similar posts for Variant Configuration in SCN Forum. You can refer those and can have a better understanding and map your requirement.

You can Google for SAP PLM books for understanding the Variant Configuration in detail if you are interested.

Regards,

SRK

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SRK

Thanks for reply. i am looking for book where i can get practical SAP screenshots along with tasks for using and exploring variant configuration. Can you please tell me any specific book where i can get tasks i.e practical tutorials alongwith SAP Screenshot?

Br

Sachin

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Provided PLM145/ PLM146 and revert for any clarifications so that experts can help you better.

Regards,

SRK

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Please also refer to the online SAP help Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library or just Google for 'sap lo-vc pdf', there is a 332 pages, nice pdf explaining, with clear examples, the variant configuration process.

If still need any help, the following should work for the mentioned case.

Create an object dependency (Procedure) with the following code

$self.BPRICE = 90000   IF

$self.TWCOLOUR = 'RED'  AND

$self.START   = 'BUTTON START'  AND

$self.WHEEL   = 'MAC WHEEL WITH DISC BREAK'  AND

$self.TYRES   = 'MRF TYRE'  AND

$self.BMODEL  = 'CTZN' .

Here a screen shot of the dependency:

Allocate it in the configuration profile.

Hope this could be of any help. If you need any further detail, feel free to ask.

Thanks and best regards,

Flavio

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio

i agree that SAP recommend procedure is used in complex scenarios. In this case , precondition or constraint may works . whatt do u think

Br

Sachin

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Flavio

Its coming when i click on input values and click on dependencies. it is is selecting char value and linking with procedure n dependency. Thanks for your help

Br

Sachin

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos
Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

isn't it weird to have two values for the characteristic BPRICE?

(it would mean it is a multi-value characteristic, it should better be single-value).

Anyhow, the SAP help Procedures - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library says that it would be advisable to have the procedures allocated to the configuration profile of the configurable object.

In this way, the procedure will be automatically activated when all triggering characteristics have been valuated.

Alternatively, you could allocate the procedure to the last triggering characteristic, BMODEL. Again, when this latter will be valuated, and the others too, the procedure will activate and compute the bike price.

Hope this could be of some help.

Thank you and best regards,

Flavio

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

i think dependency is not getting executed though i click on tick mark.may be some issue with execution or simulation

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio

i have made all Lang independent. however when i select characterisitc BIKE PRICE and click on "Display Obj .Dependencies ", it is showing description of dependencies . however value not picking auotmatically or manually when i click on tick mark.

Pls guide

Br

Sachin

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio

i have entered all inputs and edited to MRF .

some precondition i had assigned some days back. i have deleted in saved in . may be it is stuck with it as per screenshot and pls guide

Br

Sachin

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

fyi IMAGE

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

well, actually the precondition is locked (status = 3), so it should not be affecting the configuration.

What I noticed now, and sorry for that, is that in the first screen shot about the order item configuration, we see the characteristic values description, and not the values code. These latter are the ones we have to take into account in the procedure.

Could you please switch the display to 'Language independent' (menù View - Settings - Lang.) so that we will see the characteristic value code?

Thanks and best regards,

Flavio

former_member1269750
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio

Thnks. i have added dependency through procedure to CT04. however i am facing  issue as per screenshot . please check this

i am facing issue that when i enter value for char. its value is not picking automatically.please suggest.

Br,

Sachin

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

from the screen shot, I would say that

• TWCOLOUR is not valuated: please set a value for the characteristic, otherwise the dependency condition cannot be satisfied;
  • value for TYRES is actually 'MRF', while in the dependency is quoted differently ('MRF TYR'): please change the dependency accordingly.

Please check these points. Hopefully it should work.

Thanks and best regards,

Flavio